Followers

Friday 29 May 2020

Butterfly Birthday Card and matching Bookmark

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors 

I am trying out new blogger I am not sure that I like it much. How are you getting on? The weather has been lovely. Our garden is proving to be a delight. Last year we treated ourselves to a table and chairs set for the garden. This year we have been able to have a lot of meals outside. 

My friend's birthday was a week ago. The present I ordered came yesterday and we delivered it on our walk this morning. 


Here is the card I made for her. The background is some inky kitchen roll stuck to card. 


This is the Butterflies in Flight Mini Striplet die from Creative Expressions. I cut the separate butterflies and put them behind the panel to make the butterflies stand out. I cut three of them to fill the card. 


I added the sentiment to the card. 


As I didn't have the present I decided to make a matching book mark. The die set seems to lend itself to making bookmarks. I was lucky that there were enough leftovers to make it.  My friend loved her card and bookmark and was very understanding about the delay with her present. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

I hope that you have a good weekend. 

Take care and stay safe. 



Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

Janette said...

Really gorgeous card Jackie, I love the die used so pretty.
Just chatting about new blogger, its hard to get use, I was trying it out earlier and got all faffed up with it, but will be going back, some aspects are better, I suppose its only like when it changed last time, what a to-do that was...haha...enjoy your day.xx

Aunty Sue said...

Love these love the colours and have done this in forever. Have a great day

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card and bookmark. Have a great weekend. x

tilly said...

I love the little butterflies and the colours, I have been eating outside as well xx

Shabneez said...

Beautiful creation Jackie! I've not tried it yet. Shabneez x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
Love your wonderful card and that kitchen roll paper background is so pretty and such gorgeous colours.
A very pretty die cut used as well.
Great idea the bookmark till her present arrived.
Not sure what to do with Bloglovin and the new blogger.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

ALI said...

Beautiful, the blue background is gorgeous x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and book mark. The colours are wonderful.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Jackie
Gr Karin

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so pretty, I love it and that backing paper (kitchen towel) is beautiful. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Hazelxx

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card and bookmark Jackie. I also know someone whose birthday was last week. Enjoy your garden. Just the weather. Take care and stay safe.x

Alison59 said...

How lovely Jackie; can't believe the backing is kitchen roll! Looks amazing :-)

Wendy L said...

Looks wonderful Jackie, I really should use my striplets more, very effective, xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great way to do a butterfly card, love it. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Josephine said...

Beautiful - I love the stained glass effect and never would have guessed how you achieved the background.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Gorgeous - looks like stained glass! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

karenlotty said...

Some lovely makes this week Jackie I hope your daughter was able to enjoy her birthday
I have this die I love the idea of cutting out the butterflies and placing them behind the panel A great way of using scraps of card rather than cut more panels and paper piecing them

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, love the idea to use kitchen towel!

Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous, Jackie xoxo

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely card with matching bookmark, gorgeous blue background

HandmadeCardsByGeorgia said...

Thanks for joining us over at Creative Fingers Challenge blog. I just love your card and bookmark! Georgia DT for Creative Fingers.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love this butterfly die and the background is brilliant. I can't say I am liking this new blog layout at all and have reverted back to the old one.Take care Michelle x