Followers

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Thank You Cards

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

Well the week is rushing by here we are at Tuesday already. I hope you are having a good week. I work in a Primary School and this week is all about testing for the Year 6s. It will be all over soon and they can start thinking about the summer production.

The trouble with having a lovely birthday is that you have to think about saying thank you. I decided to make cards but the design needed to be simple as I had a few to make.


I made card blanks from A4 sheets of card the square measures just under 6" x 6". The patterned paper was from a 12" x 12" paper pad. 


I did start with this design then I decided to simplify it.


In this design you can see more of the glitter. 


The thank you is a Sue Wilson die. I used some of her other dies to make the frame. I used double sided sticky sheet to stick the frame and the thank you to some patterned paper. All 
of this was covered with CS Iced Snow. This gives a lovely sparkle. 

I need to make an apology. Recently I started on the Be Crafty and Craft blog Design Team I had submitted my first card and people were taking part in the challenge. When I got in on Saturday, after my birthday treats, there was a flurry of activity on Facebook. The long and the short of it is that the challenge blog has been deleted and the lady who was running it has disappeared. I am very sorry if you entered the challenge in good faith. It is all out of my control. If I hear anything I will let you know. In the meantime if you hear of any Design Teams needing members I am available.  


I hope the rest of the week is kind to you.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

29 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Great cards Jackie.

Donna x

Doreen said...

Gorgeous Cards Jackie.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous and the die cuts in black look fabulous and make for dramatic cards!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful, very elegant. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just stunning. I think I like the simplified version best

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, They are both stunning cards and the dies are gorgeous but if I had to make a choice it would be the first one. Hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are beautiful cards Jackie

gr karin

Nataliascraft said...

They are both gorgeous cards, beautiful thank you card x

Nataliascraft said...

Sorry, i meant to write beautiful thank you die x

Chris said...

Beautiful cards as always. Chris xx

Laine said...

These are lovely Jackie.
Laine
xx

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Jackie. X

pam said...

Beautiful thank you cards Jackie.
Shame about your DT challenge post..
Hugs Pam x

Andree said...

Wonderful cards Jackie and both are great designs. I do like the elegant colourway xx

Jackie said...

Beautiful thank you cards Jackie :o)
Jackie xx

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely card-perfect if you need to make a few of them.

Michele

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous designed card and so thoughtful of you people will love receiving these The disappearing challenge was interesting love and hugs Carole x

Unknown said...

How sad for you about the challenge blog.

Gorgeous cards!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful cards and such a lovely design xx

Unknown said...

These are beautiful cards and such a lovely design xx

Dawn said...

Hi Jackie, your thank you cards are brilliant! I love the dies you've used & the glitter behind! There are a few DT calls listed on Paper Playful & I know Eureka Stamps had a DT call too! I also help Nikki at The Crafting Cafe & we were running a DT call! If you send an email to craftingcafe@hotmail.co.uk I think you should still be in with a chance of being considered! Hope you find something!
Hugs
Dawn xx

ALI said...

Lovely designs.

Jackie T said...

Thank you Dawn that is very encouraging. Hugs xxx

karenlotty said...

Lovely designs and I think I prefer the simplified one The "Thank You" stands out more and still has an intricacy about it

Amber at Sequin Stitches said...

I love these cards, such a great design and then even better with the glitter! Sorry the other thing fell through xxx

Amber at Sequin Stitches said...

I love these cards, such a great design and then even better with the glitter! Sorry the other thing fell through xxx

Vee Cassidy said...

Your cards are lovely, Jackie. Sorry you had a bad experience and hope you find something to your liking soon. Vee xx

Carole Z said...

Lovely cards Jackie, so sorry about your experience with the DT, hugs Carole Z X

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
As a proud recipient of one of these cards, I can say they are beautiful in real life. Thank you. I hope you manage to find another design team soon.
Love Diane xxx