Followers

Sunday, 11 December 2016

Owls for Christmas

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope that you are having a great weekend. We have spent our time catching up on lots of Christmas jobs like sorting cards and presents. Today will be more of the same.

On to the card. I was asked by someone to make her some Christmas cards with owls on them. This an updated version of a card I made last year but I couldn't find it on my blog so I am sharing this version.


I used two embossing folders in the background layers. The dark brown layer was embossed with my new wood grain embossing folder. I did cut the aperture with a circle die before I embossed the card. 


The owls were stamped with an old Creative Expressions stamp that I got when I was on the Sam Poole Design Team. This time I stamped them with black archival onto water colour card and then coloured them with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. I do love those pens. These owls are very easy to cut out. 


You can just see the holly and the branches that I cut with some older festive dies designed by Sue Wilson. 


The sentiment was cut with a Signature die. 


I might have made this design before but I always make changes every time I make a design. This time I had a wood grain embossing folder. The lady I made the cards for loved them. I did make one of these for my in-laws as it has lots of texture. 


Enjoy the rest of the week.  

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

  1. Great Christmas card Jackie, unusual too, I love it. That wood grain embossing folder gives so much texture to the card. I can see why your customer loved it.
    Enjoy your Christmas preparations, I still have gifts to buy and cards to write.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Jackie, the embossing folder adds a lot of texture. I love owls on cards, bet your customer will be so pleased! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely owl and card Jackie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just lovely
    love the design
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jackie, I like the images and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Jackie, I do love these owls.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, great owls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fabulous, festive and fun Jackie.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Jackie, I love the owls they are gorgeous and that dded holy branch is just perfect. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Jackie. Cute owls and wonderful embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I LOVE those owls!! With those big eyes! They are so adorable, beautiful Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may have used "old" stamps etc but it is still fashionable for today I missed yesterday too I love the gingerbread men

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable owls, Jackie :)


    xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Jackie. I love the owls and texture.
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the texture from that embossing folder, Jackie. It's perfect for your owl card. Lovely dies used, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card so much, but then I'm a sucker for owls :) the texture, layers and colours are just fab and like you I love colouring with my sparkle pens, its becoming an addiction lol!
    Hugs - Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh such a unique xmas card love it.
    Thanks for joining us over at Glitter'N'Sparkle.
    Jean DT XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog it is much appreciated. Hugs Jackie