Followers

Thursday 7 September 2017

Christmas Rose Christmas Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? This is my first week of being retired and really it is not much different to being on an extended school holiday. Some how all the time gets used up. Lots of people did warn me about that. I am slowly sorting through all my craft things. It all got a bit out of hand while I was preparing for the wedding.

I had finished one project and  all these rather pretty Christmas Roses were left over well they were too good to waste.


The piece of green spotty paper was die cut and in my straps and this card was built around it. I used my Double Pierced Rectangle dies to cut all the mats and layers. 


I bought the Christmas Rose die set last year I have only just started using it. The roses are so pretty. I did emboss them to get the extra detail and ink the edges. 


There wasn't much room for a sentiment this is a Tatterlace die. 



I do need to make more Christmas cards. I might make some more like this one the Christmas Roses are just so pretty. I am not sure why I waited so long to use the die set. 

Enjoy the rest of the week whatever you have planned.  

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love all the layers and your pretty flowers!

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
as you say brilliant Christmas Roses, and such a wonderful card.
Love your super design.
You can't believe how quick snippets mount up after making your designs till they almost take over my desk.
Good job I have a craft room and don't have to craft in the main part of the bungalow as I would have to tidy up more often.
When I photgraphed my craft room someone said it was a health hazzard as I had lots lying around the floor.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Very pretty Christmas roses that have made a gorgeous card. Hugs Jennifer xx

Brawny x said...

Great card Jackie x

Emma Goddard said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, I love the flowers xx

pam said...

Wonderful card Jackie, beautiful roses.
Hugs Pam x

Laine said...

Lots of lovely floral detail Jackie.
Laine
xx

Shabneez said...

A very pretty floral card Jackie. Glad you're enjoying retirement. Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

loving the beautiful flowers you made, such a pretty card

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jackie. Cathy x

Kathy said...

Lovely! The flowers look so pretty.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Stunning card, Jackie. I've still not started my Christmas cards yet, but now have most of the supplies needed for them.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

Karenzkardz said...

Pretty festive flowers xx

ALI said...

Lovely card. My christmas cards on the go.

Barb said...

A beautiful Christmas card Jackie. Loving those Christmas roses. Being retired is great and you still won't have enough hours in the day when you get into the swing of it! Barbxx

Carole J said...

A beautiful card, Jackie - I love the die cut roses. x