Followers

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Fortieth Ruby Wedding Anniversary Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I am invigilating this week but just in the afternoons. It is nice not having to rush to get up.

Two of our good friends celebrated their Ruby Wedding Anniversary at the weekend. This is the card I made for them.


I started by making the Z fold base from a piece of A4 black card. I scored the card and then cut off the top make the opposite fold. This way everything fits together. The patterned paper was in my stash. I used the Leafy Flourish dies from the John Next Door range to add some extra detail They were a great way of using up some Snippets. 


The heart was cut with the Heart of Hearts die fro Creative Expressions. The initials were cut with some Tonic dies. I used the  left over die cuts to put initials on the envelope I made for this card. 


I found this embellishment in some lace and ribbon I was given from someone who has stopped crafting. This did make me think about how much craft stuff I have. 


The numbers were cut with some X-Cut dies that I have had for a long time. 


The Happy Anniversary die is a Signature die. 


Here you can see the Z fold more clearly. 


I know they liked the card they sent me a message. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful card Jackie, its perfect and so glad your friends liked it, always a relief i feel.
Enjoy your day, exam time can be nerve wracking, my granddaughter, Mia, is going through it now, but she has a love of study and school so fingers crossed..xx

Emma Goddard said...

This is absolutely stunning Jackie, beautiful card, your friends will LOVE it xx

Sarn said...

What a brilliant keepsake card for a Ruby wedding anniversary. Perfect.

Hugs, Sarn
Stamping for Pleasure

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous card for your friends' ruby anniversary Jackie

June x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful z fold card Jackie...lovely keepsake.....Joolsx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

WOW WOW WOW, Jackie, just stunning

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Anniversary card, love the style of the card too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pat K said...

Hi Jackie, What a beautiful anniversary card that I'm sure your friends will treasure. hugs, Pat K xx

Janet Packer said...

A gorgeous card Jackie and a perfect keepsake for your friends.

Wendy L said...

So beautiful Jackie and I love the little bunch of satin roses, xxxx

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card I still haven’t tried this kind of fold

Di said...

Great card Jackie! Such a clever tip about the Z part (cutting the top off!) and making it fit perfectly. No wonder your friends love it - one to treasure.

Hugs

Di xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Stunning card, Jackie xoxo

Shabneez said...

A beautifully elegant card Jackie - I'm sure your friends appreciated it. Shabneez x

Kathy said...

Fab card Jackie. It's ages since I did any kind of special fold, but you've got me thinking now....

DeniseD said...

Very nice card! Love the detail, nice job! Thanks for joining us at Craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Anniversary card! I haven't been brave enough to try and make any special fold cards! I am going to have to give it a try one day! Lovely card!

Janice said...

A stunning ruby anniversary card Jackie, a lovely keepsake for your friends.
Janice x

Mary M said...

great anniversary card card Jackie. Thanks for joining us on the ScrapyLand challenge #114

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Great card Jackie, love the colour combo and the dies you have used. pretty posy too. Michelle x