Followers

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Lakeside Clear Stamp set - Beccy's Place

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I am still in the thick of invigilating. Next week is half term so we have a week off.

I am sorry that I am not around as much as usual. Some of you might know that my mum was taken into hospital last week with a major infection. She also has mobility issues and these a being assessed now. This leaves my dad at home on his own. A few days ago he tried to visit my mum on his own. Since my dad was ill last summer he gets very confused. The carers were worried when he wasn't home so the police were involved. Luckily one of the neighbours found him walking home. We are not sure how long he was out but it was such a relief when he was found. A close neighbour has stepped up to take dad to the hospital to visit my mum.

Here is another of cards I made with the Lakeside Clear Stamp set from Beccy's Place. I wanted to have a play with a different type of background.


For the background I used the Caught in Crystal Technique that Sue Wilson uses.  On her blog there is a page dedicated to this technique. 


This is the stamp set it is available HERE. These images are also available as digital images. 


I stamped the image with Watering Can Archival ink to stamp the image and the sentiment. Then I used watercolour paints to colour the image and to create a background. I used the Double Pierced Rectangle to create a frame for the image. 


This card will stay in my stash until I decide who to send it to. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful blue background and your colouring is fab. xx

Janette said...

Lovely card again Jackie.
Do hope things can get sorted for your parents.xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Jackie love your card … such a super "man" one … sorry to hear you are having a few problems with your parents … I remember the time "so well" hope things improve … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the image.

So sorry to hear your mum is in hospital and what a relief that your dad was found.
Take Care
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a brilliant card. Sorry to hear about the issues with yoru folks. Its great that their neighbours can keep a wee look out for them, Hope things improve soon, Love Hazelxx

Wendy L said...

It is a wonderful card Jackie and the background colours are lovely, xxx

ALI said...

Fab card, I love the blue background you created x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely card. So worrying for you about your parents, hope your Mum is out of hospital soon

Littlelamb said...

Hi Jackie. Lovely card and ideal as a ‘Male’ card. Sorry to heater of all your problems. Hope things are sorted soon. Difficult time for you when you are not near. Take care.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's gorgeous, Jackie. I love the background xoxo

Lori Kobular said...

I love your nautical cards you have been making with that awesome stamp set! I think you are trying to convince me that I need it!

Mrs A. said...

Such an impressive card. I like it very much. Off to find out now about the caught in crystals technique. Hugs Mrs A.

Shabneez said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. So sorry to hear about your parents being poorly. It's tough I know. It must have been such a relief finding Dad though. Shabneez x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

What a lovely card and you've got the background behind the boat just perfect. Hope you're mum is on the mend. Michelle x