Followers

Sunday 20 March 2016

Poppy meets Sparkle pens

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How has your weekend been so far. As predicted we have mostly been making thing for our niece's wedding which is next week on Easter Saturday. It all took a lot longer than I thought and we still have one quite long job to finish tomorrow. I will photograph everything and blog it after the wedding. Everything is very nicely themed.

I made this card for my Mother-in-law's birthday she loves poppies. To be honest I wanted another chance to play with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and I thought this Penny Black stamp would be a good choice.


I made the the frame with some Sue Wilson noble dies. 


The image was stamped in black archival ink and coloured with my sparkle pens. I did use a brush and some water to move the colour around.  


I use the dining room table for everything this is what it looked like when I was writing my Easter cards. All the cards that I can give by hand get a small chocolate bunny. 


I am sure my Mother-in-law will love this card. I think poppies are her favourite flower. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Take care.

Hugs Jackie

26 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolute gorgeous. Loving the lush red and black.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Anonymous said...

really pretty, do like the way its framed

Unknown said...

A beautiful elegant card love the red and black HUgs xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jackie and I am sure your mother-in-law will love it. I hope you get your long job done today too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Naomi said...

Beautiful as always Jackie. Good luck with the wedding.

Kate M said...

Love that super Poppy stamp and you have coloured it beautifully.
Great design.
Can't wait to see the Wedding designs you have done - exciting!!
xx

Sandra Carey said...

Wow that's beautiful Jackie Hugs Sand xx

Sandra Carey said...

Wow that's beautiful Jackie Hugs Sand xx

Laine said...

Its a beauty Jackie and sure to be loved.
Laine
xx

Alison59 said...

WOW amazing :-)

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are gorgeous Jackie.
Gr Karin

Brawny x said...

Wow just gorgeous Jackie Moab cardvx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie, I too like Poppies and this stamp look great. Love the design and sparkle. Hugs ~Jennifer xx

Angela said...

Hope the wedding goes well and look forward to seeing all your craft makes for it. The poppy looks stunning and I love how you have framed it x

pam said...

Hope the wedding goes well Jackie, beautiful poppy birthday card.
I do not make any Easter card.. your look lovely.
Hugs Pam x

Andree said...

A very elegant card Jackie. The poppy image is lovely xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous!
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous Jackie. I love the frame, it is so elegant. Cathy x

Tracy Welham said...

This is stunning, beautifully coloured and put together, love the stamp too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

ALI said...

Gorgeous!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Jackie! I love the little gold bunnies too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow sick beautiful colors on this card

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Silly autocorrect i said such

Kathy said...

This is simply beautiful - the image is wonderful and the way you have framed it is just perfect

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Beautiful card, great stamp and sparkle pens - yeah !
Love Diane xx

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love the poppy and that frame die is perfect!