Followers

Monday 16 October 2017

Pixie Powders and Brushos Christmas cards

Hello my Crafty Blog Friends

Happy Monday? How was your weekend? I hope you did something nice. On Saturday we visited our daughter and son-in-law and had a lovely meal together. We discussed our plans for visiting Disneyland Paris next year to celebrate my big birthday. Then on Sunday we had our friend,  who lost his wife last year,  over for lunch it was lovely to have a catch up. One of his daughter's and her husband have bought a working dairy farm in France it is all very exciting.

Last week I settled down to make some batch Christmas cards for which I needed to create backgrounds. I used water colour card and a mixture of Pixie Powders and Brushos. When they were dry I thought they were rather too pretty for what I had planned. I ended up making some different cards.


I stamped and heat embossed snowflakes in silver and white onto the background. I chose mats and layers to match the colours in the Pixie Powders and Brushos. 

 
I cut this Creative Expressions die in white glitter card and offset is with a deep purple die cut. 



I have had this ribbon for a long time this seemed like the right time to use it. 


A DL card with die cut snowflakes with and pearl added to each. The die came free with a magazine last year. I used the last of the ribbon on this card. 


Another DL card this time just three die cut snowflakes and a different ribbon. 


I had one tiny scrap left over so I made this tiny card. The Santa is a Creative Expressions die and the sentiment was cut with some Britannia dies. All the decorated paper has gone now. 


Here they are altogether. They do look rather splendid on the side. I still need to make the batch of cards I was planning I will have to make some more backgrounds.

I would like to enter challenge 179 at the Crafting from the Heart Challenge blog and challenge 45 at A Snowflakes Promise Challenge blog. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

27 comments:

Emma said...

Super Christmas cards, love the backgrounds you have made. I really must start on mine :-)
Hugs
Em xx

Alison59 said...

Amazing results with the pixie powders; love your cards :-)

Kate M said...

Absolutely beautiful and just my favourite colour for a contemporary Christmas card - love those backgrounds you have created!!
xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Jackie, once the decorating is done here then I will spend a week concentrating on Christmas cards. I still have quite a few to do.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and beautiful cards Jackie
Gr Karin

ALI said...

Great makes lovely colour and designs.

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

I just love the colours you have used a fab set of cards xx

Laine said...

Lovely Christmas makes Jackie. Love the brusho backgrounds!
Laine
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
oh these are so gorgeous and so beautifully designed too.
Love the wonderful backgrounds you have created they are brilliant.
The colours look amazing too.
You put my batch making to shame. LOL
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Wonderful Christmas cards Jackie, love your background colours.
Pam x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jackie and your backgrounds looks fabulous. Hugs Jennifer xx

Unknown said...

Stunning cards Jackie, the background paper is lovely and I love all the different designs you have come up with
Hugs Kaz xx

Carole J said...

What a gorgeous set of cards, Jackie. Love the white embossed snowflakes on the blue background! x

Mrs A. said...

These are gorgeous and now waiting to see what should have been made! Hugs Mrs A.

karenlotty said...

Some very pretty cards I have made a few Pixie Powder backgrounds and are just sitting my craft room! I Must is them!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie. The backgrounds are so stunning. Cathy x

Brawny x said...

Superb Xmas cards Jackie. Love the backgrounds x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Stunning. My first Pixie Powders arrived this morning and I can't wait to play.
Hugs,
Em xoxo

Shabneez said...

Super backgrounds Jackie - love your Xmas cards. Shabneez x

Lori Kobular said...

Love the beautiful blue backgrounds your created for your gorgeous Christmas cards!

dbscraftpassion said...

These are fab Jackie xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

gorgeous Christmas cards today Jackie

Unknown said...

lovely cards Jackie xx

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Beautiful cards Jackie x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous set of Christmas cards, love the snowflake background and beautiful blue colours x

Kandy's Krafts said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your make with us at CFTH challenge.

Barb said...

A wonderful set of cards Jackie. The brusho background is a beautiful colour. Barbxx