Followers

Wednesday 18 October 2017

A Birthday Card for someone Special

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going?  The work is still continuing on the drive the patio is now included in the plan and changing the wall and the fence. It is a very big job. We are having it done at the same time as our neighbours it should look very smart when it is finished. I will post some pictures when it is finished.

A few weeks ago I made a card for a special friend. He should have seen the card by now so it should be okay to post.


I did start by creating the image. I made the mats and layers match the colours I had used. The ribbons were in my stash. 


I used the circle media plate, that John Lockwood uses, with my Tim Holtz stamping platform. I used two shades of Distress ink on the plate that I spread out with a brayer. Then I used the platform to place the stamps. I must say the stamping platform has transformed my stamping. It is so easy to set something up and to stamp several of them very quickly. I have made quite a few Christmas cards like this recently. 


I tried two different types of paper water colour card and a smooth stamping card. I did like both results I decided to use the one on the water colour card. I will be making a card with the other image. 


I was very pleased with how this card turned out. I will be using these stamps again. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

Wendy L said...

So pretty Jackie. Xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Jackie

gr karin

Laine said...

Lovely card Jackie.
Laine
x

Alison59 said...

WOW Jackie this is fabulous :-)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely birthday card you created. Love the shadowing in the center

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous Jackie I love that ink background the colours so lovely I must take a look at those platforms Hope the work in your garden goes well look forward to the photos Love and hugs Carole x

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, this is a gorgeous card, I love the background and the stamp is lovely. Great card construction. Hugs Jennifer xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, I love the colours and stamps.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

The background is beautiful, as is the stamp - lovely card! xx

ALI said...

Gorgeous card love the background.

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the layout and colours.
Hugs Pam x

Brawny x said...

What a stunning card Jackie. I love the colour. Just fabulous x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the silhouette flowers
Hugs Kaz xx

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A beautiful card I like the colours you have used. I am thinking of buying TH stamping platform and if you can make cards like this I will definitely get it xx

Kathy said...

This is really lovely Jackie. I love those soft smudgy colours.

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous Jackie, beautiful colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Stunning! xoxo

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Lovely card Jackie... I'm loving my stamping platform too x

Janette said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, love the soft colours, very pretty card...xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful design x

Shabneez said...

A stunning creation Jackie - love the technique used and design. Shabneez x

karenlotty said...

Lovely card I don’t stamp very often as I am useless I think I need to get a stamping platform!

Barb said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. Great colours and I love the silhouette stamping. Barbxx

Carole J said...

Very pretty, Jackie!