Followers

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Needle Felted Santa

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? It has been very cold here, near Southampton, but we have had no snow. Not like some other parts of the country. Today I am off to my hairdresser she is based in the next village. I am going to get the bus there and walk back. I did phone today to say I might be a bit late.

You probably know that I have been helping at Felting Workshops at Seadrift studio. Recently there were a couple of Christmas workshops. Over the two I made two things. I don't make as much as the ladies who attend the workshops as I am there to help.


He is about 5 inches tall. He reminds me of the Norwegian gnomes we saw when we were on holiday there.  You start by making a cone shape of core wool this is courser and felts more quickly. Once you have a basic shape you can cover it with the colour wool fibres that you want. I made the whole cone red.  I do like this darker red I have used it a lot this year. His nose and bobble  were made separately and attached by needle felting. His beard was made with a different type of wool. He even has a moustache. 


Here is a picture of me needle felting away. I was making a brooch when the photo was taken. I know everyone had fun making the different Christmas items. 


This is the back of Santa. He can stand on his own. 


He now has pride of place under our tree. I did enjoy making him.  I won't be helping at any workshops until February  the lady I help will become a Grandma in January and she wants to be available to help her daughter, that is so lovely.  

Enjoy the rest of the week. I hope you get done all the things that need to be done. 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, your a lady of many talents, this is such a cute and lovely little creation...xx

Janet Packer said...

Your Santa is such a cutie x

Katie said...

This is so sweet

Alison59 said...

Aw he is so cute; well done :-)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

super cute Jackie

Donna Ellis said...

How cute, Jackie - looks like such a fun day, and an enjoyable time spent in good company. hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

Aw Jackie he is so cute! So happy that you are enjoying this very much.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

He's adorable! xoxo

pam said...

He`s adorable Jackie.
Hugs Pam x

ALI said...

Love him can I send you my address....lol

Unknown said...

Well done Jackie for making such an adorable Father Christmas and rightly so that he should take pride of place under the tree. Hugs Jennifer xx

Sylvia said...

Such a cute felted Father Christmas. Felting is not something I have tried but it looks very interesting.

Sylv xx

Tracy Welham said...

This is so adorable, something to treasure. I haven't done any felting for ages I should get back into in the new year. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Laine said...

So cute Jackie. Its lovely to try other crafts!
Laine
x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous little Santa Jackie. Fab work x

Julie Wilson said...

Love this needle felted Santa. So cute xx

Carole J said...

Oh how sweet! I'd love to have a go at felting.