Followers

Thursday 11 June 2020

Not Just Cards Challenge Blog - June Challenge - Anything Goes - Father's Day Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? Yesterday we treated ourselves to a trip to Exbury Gardens in the New Forest. We haven't had a day out in so long. It did feel very weird driving further than we have for months. We had to pre-book our visit. Only 70 people are allowed in each hour. The Gardens are doing everything they can to keep people safe. 


June is the month in which Father's Day falls. I do like to make something a bit special for my father-in-law he loves my cards and he always lets me know how much he likes them. 


My father-in-law likes nautical themed cards. Wendy who is the Spanish Crafter (her blog is HERE) sent us a new year card with this design a while ago. I have been meaning to make one of these cards for a while. I have just found out that this style of card is called a Pull Up Accordion Card. I used my scoreboard to help me make the card. 
Our challenges are always fun why not join us. Click on the logo and you will be taken there. 


I used an old card for the base and I added a greeting  cut with a Signature die. 


I decorated all the parts before I assembled the card. It was so good having a made up card so that I could see what to do. It was also a great opportunity to use up lots of Snippets. 


I have many nautical themed dies that I could use to decorate the sides. All the papers came from a pad that I bought in The Works it has proved to be very useful. At the time I had the foresight to buy two. 


This shows the top of the card. I used one of the Cog dies from the John Next Door range to hold the ribbon in place. 


Here is the base of the card where a message can be written, 


I am not quite sure how my in-laws will get on with displaying this card. I know they will like it a lot though. They are always so encouraging. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 






Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Jackie first your day out sounds amazing you must have felt you had just escaped I think I will feel strange going out My husband is shielding so not been out for 11 weeks I’ve only been out 3 times to the cash machine to pay my Gardner and window cleaner We are coping as we have good friends and grocery deliveries .Looking forward so much to going out again but not sure when that will be. Now your card what an amazing design not seen this design before its stunning and I love the nautical theme your father in law will be very thrilled with this. I have a couple of paper pads from the works such good quality and price Have a good day Love and hugs Carole x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card Jackie, great design. Enjoy your week.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is amazing hun, I'm sure he will love it!

Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous nautical design themed card. Love the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

a fab project and great fathers day card Jackie

gr karin

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh what a brilliant card, I love the nautical theme for it. Your day out sounds lovely, we are still not allowed to go far here but Im sure that will change next week, Hazelxx

Shabneez said...

Great card and pleased you enjoyed your outing! Shabneez x

Littlelamb said...

Hi Jackie. Love the card. I don’t have Father’s Day cards to make anymore UHT this would be good for a male birthday card. I went on a trip to Exbury Gardens a while ago with our local National Trust group. I am still not going out but perhaps from the weekend I will be able to see my son and granddaughter. I have left the decision to my son.

Liz said...

Brilliant nautical card, Jackie. I've been meaning to make a card using this fold, thanks for the inspiration. Glad you enjoyed your day out. xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous dimensional project. Love the picture from the top

cass said...

Wonderful card with great patterned paper and a fun design. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's gorgeous, Jackie xoxo

Alison59 said...

Oh my, what an amazing construction Jackie :-)

Kathy said...

Good to hear you enjoyed your day out - its so good to enjoy some time out and I know that like me you are being extra careful just now. This virus certainly makes me feel grateful for all the freedom I (usually) have. I'm prepared to be cautious now because the more careful we are now, the sooner the virus will be obliterated. Its as simple as that.

Your card is fab - but looks seriously complicated! I'm sure your Fi: will be absolutely delighted

ALI said...

Wow this is lovely, must have taken ages to make.

Pat K said...

Wow this is fabulous Jackie. Love the colours you've used and lovely die cuts. hugs, Pat K xx

karenlotty said...

What a great card When The Works opens near me, which I hope it dies as it hadn’t been open for very long in the first place
I love Clyde too!

Di said...

Wow Jackie - this is just fabulous! What a fold - I wonder if Mrs A will hop over for a look - I'll try and let her know as she's always looking for new card folds!

Exbury is lovely - one of my favourite gardens.

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

I have seen this shape done once before and have it in my must do one day file for a rainy day.! It does look nice in the nautical theme. Used to love going to Exbury gardens but not sure how much we will be able to travel far a field as the Doc needs to be within striking distance of a loo stop at all times! .The repercussions of this enforced lock down are very far reaching and long lasting.. hugs Mrs A.

Janice said...

Wow, what an amazing design Jackie, so much detail. I’m sure your father-in-law will be delighted with it.
Janice x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous card Jackie. I've thought about trying this a few times, must get my finger out and make one lol

June x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW absolutely fabulous masculine card and fold love the papers -brilliant ones from the Works.My hubby hasn't been out for 15 weeks due to health problems but I have been going to the local shops just 10 mins walk away no supermarkets as no transport
Carol x

Nataliascraft said...

Stunning card shape for Fathers day, love the nautical theme is brilliant xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow, this is an amazing card Jackie and love the nautical theme. Your Father in law must have been absolutely thrilled with it and its lovely to make a card for someone who really appreciates what you. Definitely a work of art and a creation that will be on display for a long time. Take care Michelle x