Followers

Tuesday 25 January 2022

Christmas cards made from recycled Packaging.

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going. We are both invigilating this week and the first part of next week. These are practice exams for the Year 10s. There isn't much time to craft. It is lovely to have this afternoon off today. This means we can catch up with a few things. 

I should have been working on a different project but I ended up making two Christmas cards from some packaging I had been saving. 


The background is the packaging I had been saving. It was just too pretty to throw away. The craft card I used comes between the layers in a takeaway box from M&S. I did add the Snowflakes corner dies from the John Next Door range. I have used these corners so much. 


I found two matching old Christmas Cards and I cut out the image and its mats with a mix of dies from the John Next Door range. 


The greeting was cut into the card with the Christmas Stencil Sentiment dies also from the John Next Door range. 


So that is another two cards for my Christmas stash. Now I must get on with the project I have been putting off. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

19 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Great use of recycling Jackie. Two great cards. Christine xx

tilly said...

a gorgeous recycled card with some very useful and beautiful dies, xx

karin said...

Two great cards Jackie. Love the colours and images on them.
Karin.

Janette said...

Beautiful and far to good to trash I agree. Have a good week Jackie and craft when you can.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Jackie

gr karin

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
2 wonderful designs and as you say that packaging was to lovely to throw away.
Love the kraft card used it goes so well with the paterned packaging.
Love the snowflake corners.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely cards Jackie, I love the subtle shades and beautiful images, Kate x

JD/ Jill said...

REally pretty! I can see why you wanted to recycle that packaging. It made a really neat card!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous, really shows off the image so well

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty! xoxo

Shabneez said...

Two beautiful cards Jackie. Shabneez x

pam said...

Two wonderful cards Jackie, love the colours and great recycling.
Pam x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Hi Jackie I hope you are keeping well, this is a beautiful card and you really make the most out of regenerating cards to give them a new life. The snowflake corner dies are so delicate and gorgeous. take care, Michelle x

karenlotty said...

Pretty card JACKIE
Good luck with the invigilating

aussie aNNie said...

wow, Jackie. Beautiful cards and designs. Great showcase.
Sorry been MIA, it's been very hot here so have been pooling it...xx
If you are on facebook I invite you to join my new craft/sharing group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/273500824852310

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Crafting Queen said...

Really beatiful card Jackie. Have a great week. Anesha x

Andree said...

A wonderful monochrome card Jackie, very elegant. Lovely paper and a beautiful image xxx

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Jackie. Great use of the lovely papers and the image is wonderful. xx