Followers

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Pollyanna Pickering Kingfisher Christmas card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? We are in the process of getting ready to go to the wedding in Malta. There is still quite a bit to sort out.

That is what I wrote when I scheduled this post when I was trying to get ahead, Life has flipped. My dad is still in hospital he had a pacemaker fitted yesterday. He now has mobility issues and I know that he can't come out without a care package. He was acting as carer for my mum who we are now supporting. We need a permanent solution at the moment I am not quite sure what that means. This is the reason that I am not around much, I am going to have to make some difficult decisions about my crating. 

I have challenged myself to enter all of the Rudolph Days challenges this year. This is my card for the July Challenge that starts today and ends on the last day of the month.


I decided to use the same design that I used for the Barn Owl card from the same A Winter's Day Decoupage Popper pad. This time I wanted to make a larger card. So I turned to my Creative Crafting World paper pads to add the extra detail. 


I used the Deckled Rectangle dies by Spellbinders to cut out the kingfisher and the black mat. 


This is my go to small Season's Greetings die from Tattered Lace it  is such a good size for small spaces. 


I think I might make a few more cards like this they are nice and flat for posting. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Jackie

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous, love the design and fab image.xxx

Janette said...

Just gorgeous Jackie..xx

Laine said...

Great card Jackie.
Laine
x

Alison59 said...

This is super Jackie :-)

Sorry to hear of your problems. There is so much help available out there. Your dad's OT and adult social services should be able to help sort all this out for you. Sending Angels to help xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, love the design and wonderful image. Take care.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I love this careation, its super. So pleased to hear that yor Dad got his pacemeker fitted. Sorry though to hear that you need to get a care package sorted out. It takes ages up here to get them so fingers crossed you get the support soon, Sending You all love, Hazelx

Jo said...

Fabulous card Jackie, a lovely image. Sorry to hear of your struggles.....I'm going through a similar thing with my Dad right now......thank goodness for crafting! Take care.
Jo x

Wendy L said...

It looks very beautiful Jackie, xxx

karenlotty said...

It’s gorgeous
I hope you can get a care package sorted quickly
They come in all sorts and sizes We have Carers for my MIL twice a day on most days and sometimes three times a day depending on her/our needs

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. I hope you manage to get things sorted soon. Won’t be easy when there are two people involved. Thinking of you. Take care.

Kate M said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the die cut sentiment. Hope that you are able to get the care package sorted out soon for your parents, I know its not easy. Will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way that all goes well.
Hugs
Kate
xx

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Hope things come together soon for the care of your parents. Don't forget to take care of yourself at this difficult time.

Hugs Sylv xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is beautiful, Jackie. Continued prayers for all of you xoxo

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! I love those kingfishers!!

ALI said...

Lovely card, sorry about your news. There is help there it's just getting the right sort. Don't stop crafting you will need it to de-stress x

pam said...

Wonderful card Jackie, sorry to here your family troubles.
Take care Pam x

Shabneez said...

Lovely card Jackie - look after yourself. Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous Jackie, love your colors

scrappymo! said...

So sorry to hear of the problems you are facing with your parents care. I hope you are able to find just the right care plan so you are able to continue crafting.
This is a lovely card. The birds are beautiful and your design looks good!