Followers

Wednesday 4 March 2020

Card made at a Workshop with John Next Door aka John Lockwood

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

Well it is a damp dreary day here today. I have been out for a walk to try out my new waterproof coat to see if it works. I am pleased to say that I didn't really get wet at all. I did treat myself to some matching gloves and of course I had a coffee while I was out. Today my dad is having a trial day at an Adult Day Care centre. I will be phoning later to see how he got on. He won't be able to tell me that is just how it is.

I thought I would share the card I made a a workshop with John Next Door which was the day after the Farnborough Craft show. I did adapt it a little when I got home.


Everything was provided in the workshop. We used the new Izink Ice to colour some white paper. We all used three shades. I chose two greens and a yellow. 


The Blossom Die plate was used to cut out the flowers and they were shaped with a ball tool. Gems were added to the centres. 


The Honesty heart die was cut into one of the mats. A larger heart was cut from the coloured paper to back it. 


At home I had some of the coloured paper left over so I cut a sentiment to add to the card. 


I was rather pleased with this card. The flowers are very pretty. I was very good and I only bought some sparkly embossing powder at the workshop. Now I am wondering if I should have bought that flower die. Oh well there will be other lovely new things out soon. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Jackie, and the colors mean it's perfect for this month's challenge at Rainbow Card Challenge https://rainbowcardchallenge.blogspot.com/ so we'd love to see you there xoxo

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, I love the bright colours you have gone for, they are super. Love the sparkly centres to the flowers too!! Hope your Dad settled in ok at the centre today, Hazel

karin said...

Gorgeous die on your card Jackie. The flowers are also beautiful.
Karin
Xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful springlike card, love the greens. I hope all went well for your dad.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alison59 said...

What a lovely card Jackie :-)
I hope all went well for your father x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie and the colours are amazing, xxxx

Mrs A. said...

Love your unusual colour palette. I do that all the time, not buy when I see it and then wish i had when I get home. Hugs Mrs A.

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, the flowers are so pretty, beautiful green colours xx

pam said...

Fantastic card Jackie, love the layout, we all the same.. wish we had bought!Hugs Pam x

Donna Ellis said...

Sorry to hear about a dreary day, but that makes it great for crafting! That workshop looks like it was fabulous! I love the bright colors and pretty white background, Jackie. hugs, de

Shabneez said...

Beautiful colours Jackie. Hope Dad got on well. Shabneez x

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous card ... love the color palette.
Hugs Rose

Lozzy said...

Beautiful card Jackie and so cool you had John at the workshop, im seeing him on Saturday. Love the colours you went for and your design. Hope your dad gets on ok...hugs Lozzy xx

creativetimewithme said...

Beautiful colors! You're card is so creative

Hugs,
Mary Ellen - TRCC DT

Kathy said...

Such a fabulous colour palette Jackie, so 'full of the joys of Spring@!

Jacqueline said...

A beautiful card, perfect for our challenge at TRCC - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline DT

Carole J said...

This is such a pretty card, Jackie. I love the card you made with the inks and the flowers look beautiful! The heart die is special as well. Lovely work! xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

wow, just stunning, I love the floral colors and the background behind that gorgeous heart die

Katy said...

This is so fun! I love those flowers and the sparkly centers. Just beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge-Especially Emerald. Hope to see you next month! :)

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Love this card and the colours are fabulous too. Flowers are really pretty.Michelle x

Em Louise Fairley said...

This really is gorgeous, Jackie. Thanks for joining us at TRCC, and I hope we see you again soon!
Hugs,
Em, DT

Nandini said...

Very beautiful card. The paper looks amazing. And I love the die-cut. Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us again very soon! Nandini, DT

Mynn xx said...

This is so pretty! I love the gems in the middle of the flowers! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Hugs! Mynn xx