Followers

Monday 9 March 2020

Mother's Day card with a Window and Kitties

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you had a good weekend and are ready for the week ahead. We visited our daughter and son-in-law on Sunday. We shared a meal together and then we viewed houses. The house they are interested in is very nice. There is a lot to do before they will get there. I do hope it works out for them. Of course we will help as much as we can. Already we have taken away some bits to take to the charity shop. As for me I am spending a lot of time sorting out things for my parents. I don't seem to be getting so much time to craft.  For that reason I might not be blogging as much. Though blogging does seem to be a dying art. What are your thoughts?

Here is the Mother's Day card I have made for my Mother-in-law she always likes the cards that I make.

I made the brick background with a stencil and Distress Oxides. 


I used a Spellbinders die to make the label. 


The window box die set is from Creative Expressions. I have had it for a while. The flowers were cut in white card and coloured with Promarkers. I had fun looking through my scraps to make all the little bits for this card. The ivy die is a John Next Door die. 


The cat die came from Crafter's Companion it was in the Advent Calendar. 


Mother's Day really isn't too far away. We will be visiting our parents the day before which is good because we can deliver the cards and gifts. On the actual day we have afternoon tea booked with our daughter and son-in-law and his parents. I am so looking forward to that. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Mother's Day card for your mum in law, beautiful design xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a super sweet and gorgeous card Jackie
Gr Karin

Janette said...

Gorgeous card for mother's day Jackie.
I do realise blogger isn't what it once was sadly, to many FB posting is killing it, but still a lot try and keep things moving, hopefully it will turn round, I really hate posting anything to the likes of FB it's just not the same.xx

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card. Hope things settle down for you. I really enjoy having my blog. Hope you fall in love with it again.x

Linda Simpson said...

I love this wonderful card. I hope all goes well for your daughter and son-inlaw. Yes it does seem to be dying art blogging but I love to blog as for me it is a record/diary of my creations.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gwyneth said...

Your card is lovely, and sure to be much appreciated by your mother in law. I was just resting in bed this morning thinking that I will have to get on with makeing one for Mam and trying to think what would be quick to make with maximum wow factor. Still not decided yet, so you are definately ahead of me with mother's day czrds.
GG

Mrs A. said...

The three kitties along the bottom are a nice homely touch for your card. Raining here today though I did manage to do a bit of weeding in the garden done whilt it was only light drizzle. Evenings are beginning to draw out now which is nice. hugs Mrs A.

Wendy L said...

It is Gorgeous Jackie.
're blogging,not too sure, I have spells myself when I wonder whether to pack it up, but I do enjoy it most of the time and I enjoy My DT work too,

Alizabethy said...

What a fab card - just love those cute black cats!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what cute wee kitties. I have started blogging again more of late. I dont use other forms of social media. Decided to go back to basics with it all, there arent as many folks about as there used to be. Hazelx

pam said...

That's a beautiful Mothers day card for your Mum Jackie
Hugs Pam x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card for your Mother in Law. Sure she will like it. Something I don’t have to make anymore. I would miss your blog if you stopped writing it altogether.

Alison59 said...

How beautiful Jackie; puts my window cards to shame lol :-)

ALI said...

Lovely Jackie, she will love it x

Janis Lewis said...

Jackie, such a beautiful card! I love all of the die cuts and special touches. Your mum will love it. Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

A very pretty card Jackie and I love the 3 cute kitties

I concur with Wendy re her comments on blogging

June

Shabneez said...

Stunning floral card Jackie. I think the people that blog regularly continue doing so after all it's a good way of recording what you make as well isn't it? Shabneez x

Di said...

What a lovely Mother's Day card Jackie. You certainly used plenty of snippets and created a really gorgeous scene.

Hugs

Di xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

stunning mother's day card Jackie, loving those cute tiny cats there

Janice said...

Gorgeous card for your Mum Jackie.
Janice x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Adorable Mothers Day card. Love the window box die set. You have made such a delicate pretty card and those 3 cats are so cute. Michelle x