Followers

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Cornflower Lattice Friendship Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How are you getting on? I hope none of you have this nasty virus and that you can get the supplies that you need. What truly strange times we are living in. I am pleased that we are allowed out for exercise so I should still be able to walk. Recently we walked to our local Bronze Age burial mound. It is so strange that it is there. The mound is unimpressive when you see it but it has been there for a long time. There are some other paths and tracks I would like to investigate in the local area. I also have some seeds so I will be able to grow some flowers.

We wanted to lend a Beatles CD to our friends who are the Beatles fans. I also had a book to lend. So I decided to make a card to go with them. I have actually been finding it hard to craft. Which is strange as there is so much time, maybe that is the problem.


I wanted to make a pretty card with a lattice background. All the dies I used on this card are from the John Next Door range. I cut the lattice three times to make the background. I also cut the Ivy Spray four times. 


I cut the Cornflower die four times in white. I made up the flowers and then I inked the edges with Distress Ink. 


Because we love our friends and miss them I chose to use this sentiment. 


You would not believe how many Snippets I used on this card. Everything apart from the mats and layers came out of my extensive collection of Snippets. It is strange but however much I use there always seems to be more. 

You should have seen us deliver this we rang the door bell and ran away. What strange times we are living in. We did message our friends so that they knew it was there. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Stay safe and well. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card. Keep well.

cuilliesocks said...

A very pretty card Jackie, lovely colours, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Jackie, I love the design and pretty flowers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

So beautiful Jackie, the colours are amazing, xxx

ALI said...

Lovely card, the flowers are gorgeous x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie! xoxo

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Wonderful colours and blossoms. xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful card Jackie, great lattice background and your cornflowers are so pretty with the ivy peaking out in the background take care Michelle x

Alison59 said...

Lovely bright and cheery card Jackie :-)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

such beautiful flowers and lovely background

Shabneez said...

Beautiful card Jackie. Shabneez x

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful card, I feel the spring. I like these flowers on a chessboard
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Gwyneth said...

A lovely, bright and cheerful card Jackie.
GG

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the background die and all the beautiful flowers.Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket
Carol DT x
Very difficult times and a lot of crafters have said the same thing thye are finding it hard to craft!
Carol x

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous card ! Love the flowers
Keep safe !
Hugs
Rose

cass said...

Very pretty, love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Flower Power" challenge.

Di said...

Wonderful card Jackie - I so love the zingy citrus look! And how right you are, it's called Parkinson's Law - the more time we have the more our tasks expand to fill that time. Right now I'm really struggling.

Hugs from afar

Di xx

Janice said...

Stunning card Jackie, lovely colour combination.
Janice x