Followers

Saturday 14 November 2020

John Next Door Shutter Card Die set

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I have just finished two weeks of invigilating. The kids we have worked with have been very good and have coped with the difficult circumstances we have all had to deal with. I am posting on a Saturday as I have some news that I have been sitting on for a while. 

Back in the summer I applied to be a Guest John Next Door Angel for the month of September. Well that didn't work out. A bit later on a received and email that I assumed would tell me that too many people had applied and that I hadn't made the cut. Well I was wrong I was given the chance to be a Guest Angel for November. In October I received my dies and I had a great time making cards with the Shutter cards die set and the Poppy Heads dies. 

The dies were released on Hochanda yesterday and they proved to be very popular. I tried to make a range of card with the dies to show how versatile they could be. 

I will start with the Christmas cards I made. All the dies and papers I used have been designed by John Lockwood aka John Next Door.  


This card was shown in the Facebook Live the day before the release. By accident I made this card open the other way to most of them. It works just as well. 


Here is a more straight forward Christmas card. 


Here I made a Christmas card with Sam's Circles die set. I used the flags that came with Shutter Card die set. 


Here are the Christmas cards together. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

Janette said...

Well done Jackie, this is wonderful news. The samples you made are all beautifully designed, gorgeous cards.xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, three stunning Christmas cards Jackie. Love theme all. hugs Anesha

Liz said...

Three wonderful cards, Jackie. Fabulous designs and the papers are beautiful. Congratulations on your Guest Angel spot. xx

Carole J said...

Oh Jackie - these are fabulous! I need to take a look at these dies. Well done and have a lovely weekend. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
congrats on your being a Guest for John Next Door or Angel for the month of November.
I love your wonderful Shutter cards and their realluy lovely elements used.
They all look so lovely and beautifully created too.
I am so glad John is doing so well he is such a lovely person I have net him a few times at shows.
I just love his demos also they are always so informative.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Wendy L said...

They look great Jackie, well done, xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card, love the designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Congratulations Jackie in being one of John's angels, your sample cards are wonderful, fabulous designs too, Kate x

Donna Ellis said...

You are so talented, Jackie, and it's always fun seeing the diversity of cards you make using similar or same products. LOVING the black and pale blue themes, and that marvelous Shutter Die Set! WOW! Congratulations on your GDT gig, and in the joy of receiving such amazing tools for your card making stash! hugs, de

karenlotty said...

Congratulations on being picked to be a JL Angel
The cards are gorgeous and I’m very tempted to buy this set of dies Loved your other makes this week You are so good at created projects with old cards and scraps

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are gorgeousssss and fab designs Jackie
Gr Karin

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh what great news for you to get the Guest Designer Spot and well deserved as well, your makes are all fantastic, hope you are having a good weekend, Hazel xx

Alison59 said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jackie; what lovely makes :-)

Littlelamb said...

Congratulations Jackie. Well done. Love the cards.x

JD/ Jill said...

Congrats! And you have made 3 WOW cards here!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all gorgeous, Jackie xoxo

flossbite said...

Wonderful creations. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good luck!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Your cards are amazing. Love the designs. Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina dt