Followers

Friday 22 February 2019

An Anniversary Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a good week. It has been a busy one for me. The weekend ahead is going to be busy too. I am very lucky that my lovely hubby is taking me to the Farnborough Craft show on Saturday. Then we are visiting our parents that live up that way. On Sunday we are taking back the hamster we have been looking after for our daughter and son-in-law. I hope we get to share a meal with them as well.

As some of you know I help my very talented friend at her felting workshops. She keeps a box of scraps and I found a lovely piece of felt that must have been trimmed from a bigger project.. I asked if I could keep it to make a card and she kindly agreed.

I hung onto to the piece of felt for a while and I finally decided to make it into a card for our anniversary which is at the beginning of April. I do like to be ahead with my makes. You never know what might happen.


The backing paper came from some packaging. The card is scored so the flap doesn't reach the other side. I can't remember what this style of card is called. I did put some paper on the inside so that I can write a message. 


So the background piece is the original piece of felt and I needle felted a little boat onto it. I created the mats and layers with my guillotine. 


I added some Washi tape to the design. The sentiment was cut with some Britannia Dies.  


I think you can see how the card is folded from this picture. It is okay for me to share this card as my hubby doesn't look at my blog or Facebook Page. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jackie, what a wonderful idea on using the felt. Have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jane stillman said...

A wonderful card and so unique

Donna Ellis said...

Jackie, this is beautiful! I love the colors you have chosen. Wishing you a great visit with your parents and a great time at the Show! (on another note - Jackie, I don't have your email address - but my eyes are unfortunately worsening. Some of my blogging friends have tiny fonts on their blog posts, and sometimes, I'm unable to read it. So I'll still be visiting to see your beautiful works of art, but I may not be able to read the post to know what is happening. For this, I deeply apologize, and hope you will forgive any important news I might miss.) Wishing you a great week-end. hugs, de

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What abtreat idea. Enjoy the show

Lori Kobular said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the felt and the design of your card! The papers and the felt all go together perfectly!

Kath said...

A fabulous card and your felted image is beautiful.
Kath x

Janette said...

What a fab card, never seen one felted before jackie and you did a wonderful job, I think your husband will love it....
Have a nice weekend, the weather is supposedly going to be good..xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and beautiful Jackie
Gr Karin

Liz said...

Beautiful card, the lovely felted image is so unusual. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
that felt looks very stunning on that super card.
I love your little boat you have felted too.
Such a clever design and I'm sure hubby will love it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Littlelamb said...

Love this card Jackie. It will be unique. Will look out for you tomorrow. No doubt I will see you near the Art of Craft stand.

CaroleAnn said...

What a great card and so clever with the felt and the little boat you made!!! Your hubby should treasure this card. Have fun at the fair!!! Thanks for sharing with QKR Stampede!

Janet Packer said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. The felting gives some lovely extra texture.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such a beautiful anniversary card today Jackie

Wendy L said...

What an amazing idea felting a picture. Looks fab.
Enjoy your weekend, sounds good, I will be crafting and houseworking. Xxx

Sylvia said...

Such a lovley anniversary card. Love the texture added with the felt topper.

Sylv xx

Sylvia said...

Me again Jackie, a fabulous card for the man in your life. Thank you for joining us this week at Daring Cardmakers for Kathy's challenge.

Sylv xx

Stamping Bubbles said...

A stunning card Jackie and a great use of crafts that you do. Have a fab time at the craft show.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

ALI said...

Lovely card x

Ewelina Nowak said...

Always perfect, I love Your cards 😁

pam said...

Fabulous card Jackie, hope you had a good day at the show today.
Hugs Pam x

Jan said...

This is lovely Jackie. Hope you had a great time xx Jan

Kathy said...

Love the beautiful blues and the nautical image, Jackie.

Thanks for sharing this with us at The Daring Cardmakers