Followers

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Poppies on a Birthday Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going?  This week most of my time is taken up with invigilating at our local secondary school. That means there isn't a lot of time to craft but I have managed to grab a bit of time so far. The weather has been amazing hasn't it. I have quite enjoyed walking to work.

Yesterday I managed to finish this card. When I was a the Newbury Craft show I bought a pack of Izink dye ink pads and some daubers for colouring poppies. My idea was to try them with my Creative Expressions Exquisite Poppy dies to see if they worked.


I found a doily in my stash. There is some patterned paper in the background. The Happy Birthday was cut from a pad. 


When I had a play day with my crafty friends last week I took along the poppy dies and the ink pads. This is the result. I was rather pleased and I couldn't resist making the poppies into a card. I added Laurel leave cut with Creative Expressions dies. 


I hope the rest of the week is kind to you. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous background and love the beautiful poppies on this birthday card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

Looks amazing Jackie, bet you 're loving the Izinks. Xxx

Monica C. said...

I think your poppies are a great success, Jackie! They just pop off the card and make a wonderfully bold statement.
Hugs
Monica

jane stillman said...

The poppies are fabulous, so dimensional - a gorgeous card

Gwyneth said...

Gorgeous flowers Jackie. They look great on tbe doily background.
GG

ALI said...

Lovely poppies on your card.

Littlelamb said...

Love this Jackie. Not surprised you are pleased with it. Take care

Janette said...

Beautiful Jackie, I love it your right to be pleased...xx

Katie said...

Stunning card

Kathy said...

Your poppies are stunning Jackie

Janice said...

A beautiful poppy card Jackie.
Janice x