Followers

Monday 25 February 2019

Christmas card made from Left Overs

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you had a good weekend. The weather was certainly kind. I had a lovely time at the Farnborough Craft show of course I spent way too much money. It was also nice to meet up with Littlelamb who kindly comments on my blog. The visits with our parents went as well as could be expected. Then on Sunday we had a nice time with our daughter and son-in-law when they took their hamster back. This week I will be mostly invigilating.

I do enjoy making Christmas cards all year round and it is good to find challenges to enter. This is my entry for the Rudolph Days Challenge that starts on 25th of each month and runs to the end of the month. 


When I got near to the end of making Christmas cards last year. I had lots of bits left over like where I had cut too many things  for a project or the circles from an aperture I had cut. These are the bits I used on these cards. The mats were cut with the Double Pierced Square dies set. The paper in the background came from a magazine. 


The deer from the Deer Family had been cut for another project and not used. The circles were cut with the Double Pierced Circle dies and were left over after cutting an aperture for another card. I added a glitter card line of snow and added some trees cut with the Winter Trees dies set. All the sets I have mentioned are from Creative Expressions. 


I think this design worked quite well considering all the bits were leftovers. I do hate things going to waste. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

27 comments:

Janette said...

Morning Jackie, another beautiful card, so pretty...have a really nice day.xx

Kath said...

A lovely card and a great way to use up all the left-overs bits too!
Kath x

jane stillman said...

Glad you enjoyed Farnborough, it's unusual to have good weather for that one! lol A lovely card, great design

Donna Ellis said...

Gosh, all those shapes and papers coordinate beautifully, Jackie! I would never have guessed that they were all left overs! hugs, de

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a fantastic use of Snippets and such a clever design.
Love the papers used and your Reindeer are so cute.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

ALI said...

Lovely card x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous festive card, love the papers and sweet deer.
Hugs
Linda xxx

pam said...

Beautiful festive card Jackie.
Hugs Pam x

Ewelina Nowak said...

Hello, what a beautiful card
Hugs xx

sweet art designs said...

Love the layering. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful use of leftovers. I love that card.

Littlelamb said...

A brilliant way of using your left overs and a lovely card. I have a lot of left overs and keep saying I must make them into cards but a lot of birthdays at the moment so haven’t had much time and now got new dies from Farnboriugh so playing with them. Was good to meet up with you on Saturday. Next time will be Ally Pally.

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A lovely card Jackie.I went to Farnborough too and had a play with some of my goodies on Sunday. Xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Such a cute make hun, love the layers & the fact you have used left overs if fabulous!
Have a great week
Hugs Shell xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card, I love the mix of papers you've used too.

Sue xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie xoxo

Tracy Welham said...

Brilliant festive card Jackie and a great way to use up left over pieces. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

karenlotty said...

It’s a lovely card using leftover pieces Mine never seem to make it to a project

Mrs A. said...

Certainly don't look like left overs . You have pulled this card together perfectly. I was at the show too. Hugs Mrs A.

Gina said...

Stunning card! I love all the fabulous texture you have created...reminds me of a lovely warm Quilted blanket :D Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

Gwyneth said...

Wonderful card.
GG

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely image of your card Jackie those deer are so sweet

Katie said...

Beautiful card

Whisper said...

Oooo absolutely delightful and thanks for joining us at the February Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Kathy said...

Brilliant use of leftovers Jackie!

scrappymo! said...

Good for you for using up those bits and bobs that were left over from last year. It must have been such a good feeling to use those snippets etc!

Your card is lovely. The deer are really pretty standing on those snowy banks.


Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

Janice said...

I love your die-cut deer Jackie, lovely card.
Janice x