Followers

Monday 3 February 2020

Beatles themed Bow Fronted Christmas Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? I hope you are ready for the week ahead. I was ill on Friday which also made Saturday a bit tricky but I am much better now. We did visit my parents on Sunday. We met their live in carer for the first time. She is very nice and she is doing a very good job. My parents seem quite content too which is wonderful. For the time being I feel that it is the right place for them to be. I am going to try to apply for Attendance Allowance for them. Has anyone any experience with this? 

There has been  internet issues today so I am a bit later posting than I expected. I also changed my mind about which card to post. I went for the Christmas card that I made for my hubby last year. 


I cut a square 8" x 8" piece of black card. I also cut a strip on back card that was longer than 8". 


I decorated the back of the card first. I was using Beatles images from Vera Lane Studio. They come in two sets and there are quotes with both sets. I like to use a brick wall image and add the quotes in white. 


I coloured the Beatles with Promarkers. The panel at the front was decorated. It has tabs that were stuck under the mat and layers for the back panel. On the back is more brick graffiti and a Christmas Tree from the Oh Holy Night set from Beccy's Place. The bowed front helps the card stand up nicely.


I knew these images from Vera Lane Studio would be very useful. I added the hats myself. Expect to see them quite a lot. I have Beatles mad friends and a Beatles mad husband. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week. 

Take care. 

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant card for your hubby, fabulous design xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, such a brilliant design. Glad you are doing better and that your parents are well. Have a great day.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, I bet your Hubby loved it. My Dad gets attendance allowance. The Benefits Advisor Lady at our local Maggies Centre helped fill the forms in and he got it quite quickly. Its great to help pay for folks to do the garden and stuff that he used to manage but now cant, Hazelxx

Linda Simpson said...

I love this card, being a Beatles fan myself.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Welham said...

This is fantastic Jackie. I definitely need to get those images to make a card for my dad, he loves the Beatles. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Have a good week and take care. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Donna Ellis said...

What a fun card, Jackie! I think most of us were a part of Beatle Mania. It's wonderful they are still so popular. They certainly put a big spin on rock n roll! LOVING your fabulous card! hugs, de

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant card Jackie for a Beatles fan.very quiet weekend. Didn’t see anyone but that is quite usual for me, Hopefully see you soon.

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Jackie. I love the design and the images are fabulous. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic card Jackie
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Super card Jackie. Pleased to hear you are feeling better and your parents are happy with their carer. It makes so much difference I'm sure and puts your mind at ease. Shabneez x

Alison59 said...

Great card Jackie :-)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card, Jackie xoxo

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card Jackie, super design.

Janice said...

Just catching up with everyone’s blogs after a few days away Jackie. Great card for your husband, I’m sure he loved it!
Janice x

Mrs A. said...

Sorry, running a tad late with the tutorial. Explained something wrong and didn’t spot until just about to post so need to redo the sample wnd take more photos. Gave up in early hours of this morning and went to bed instead. Will post later today so please come back to check. Hugs Mrs A.

Kathy said...

So clever, and so much fun! I love it

pam said...

Fabulous card Jackie, love the design
Pam x

JD/ Jill said...

AAdorble card. So nicely made!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wonderful card Jackie, I do love Vera Lane Studios and also the brick background that you have used. I hope that you are feeling better now. take care. Michelle x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

great project today Jackie, love it

Pat K said...

Wow..this is fabulous Jackie. Love how you've added the hats and your design is awesome. I Love it all. hugs, Pat K xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

OMGLOB.....as a mad Beatles fan this is amazing...I just love it hun & want to see lots more lol!!
Hugs Shell xx

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

Helen x