Followers

Thursday 20 February 2020

Pretty Floral Birthday Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? It is wet and windy here today. There is nothing for it but to stay in and craft 🙂. I do have some phoning calls and messages I need to sort out this will be a good opportunity to get this done. There is always so much to do.

Last week I made this card for a lovely family member who we have recently got back in touch with.


The floral paper came from a Nautical paper pad from The Works. This pretty paper was on the back of one of the designs. I just loved the colours. I am trying to make my cards smaller and less bulky so they don't cost so much to send. 


I cut the Happy Birthday with a Creative Expressions die. I usually cut a second colour to make a shadow. I think it helps the sentiment to show up. 


To decorate round the oval for the sentiment I used the Star Flower and the Star Flower Leaves dies from the John Next Door range from Crafts-Too. 


This card went in the post this week. I have a bit of an exciting crafty weekend ahead. On Saturday we are going to the Farnborough Craft show. Now as our family are all close we are going to stay up there on Saturday night. This will give us a chance to pop in and see my parents. On the Sunday I am booked into a bonus workshop arranged by the Art of Craft shop. While I am at the workshop my hubby will visit his parents. 

I hope you enjoy your day whatever you get up to. 

Happy Crafty 

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous card Jackie, the colours are so beautiful and pretty flowers.
Enjoy your time in Farnborough, I am going on Friday xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Jackie it looks like spring
gr karin

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful layers and colours on this wonderful springlike card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card Jackie!

Wendy L said...

It is really pretty Jackie, lovely colour choice, xxxx

Shabneez said...

A really pretty card Jackie - loving that background paper. Shabneez x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super and I love the shadow effect with the second colour on the die. Hope you have a great weekend, Sounds fab getting to the craft show and then the workshop, Hazel x

Littlelamb said...

A lovely card Jackie. Love the colours. So you are also going to the workshop on Sunday. That’s good. I will see you there and Saturday. Hope the weather will be ok. Take care

Littlelamb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alizabethy said...

What a lovely card with such zingy colours! Have a fab crafty weekend!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely design, fab flowers

Janette said...

Beautiful card Jackie.x

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning card Jackie the colours and dies are just perfect Love and hugs Carole x

Alison59 said...

beautiful card Jackie :-)

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the colours.
Pam x

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. The lettering and flowers are so delicate and pretty.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such beautiful paper colors and die cuts. Gorgeous

karenlotty said...

Lovely card JACKIE Your weekend sounds great Perfect in fact Hope both sets of parents are ok and you enjoy your workshop
Farnborough is to far for me

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous make hun, I love the colours you have used
Hugs Shell xx

Donna Ellis said...

Wet and Windy is ok... if it is not chilly... then I cannot handle it! LOL I can even handle it if it is hot - not not cold. So I hope you are all snug and comfy in your crafting space, Jackie. Your card is GORGEOUS! love those happy, bright colors, and the layered mini flowers atop your pretty papers! hugs, de

ALI said...

Lovely layering Jackie, great card.

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, lovely colour combination.
Janice x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card Jack....just love the paper...so pretty....Joolsx

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet, Jackie xoxo

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

and it certainly is, pretty and fresh and floral. What a lovely card. Pretty backing paper too. Michelle x