Followers

Friday 24 April 2020

Happy Birthday Card for Sam

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

Well the weekend is nearly here. It doesn't make much difference at the moment does it? My hubby and I do try to have a plan for most days. We have found that the days go better when we have a plan. Our neighbour over the road has ten chickens and we have been enjoying the eggs which is brilliant. Our next door neighbour's daughter is a doctor and she has tested positive for the virus. It must be such a worrying time for them. We must all do our bit and stay home as much as we can.

There is a competition on the Crafting with John Next Door and Crafts-Too Facebook group to make a birthday card for Sam. His birthday is at the beginning of May. Now I had made him a card. In fact it is the only thing I have made this week. I have entered the challenge so I thought I would share the card on my blog too.


I started by making the background with the Tartan Stripe Stencil from the John Next Door range. I extended the range of the stencil easily. 


This Happy Birthday die is one from Creative Expressions. 


I used the large Champagne Bottle dies set from the John Next Door range to make the bottle and the stars. It was a bit tricky getting the angle of the bottle right with the corner of the card. 

I have said before that I am Doodling along with Barbara Gray at 10:00 am very weekday. This one took four days to complete. I am very pleased with it. 


I keep wanting to sketch things. I never thought I would be able to do draw like this.


I hope Sam likes this card. I will be posting it soon as the post seems to be taking a long time in some cases. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Stay safe and well. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Jackie...love your doodling....Hope you and your family are safe and well....Joolsx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card and I love your doodling! You are doing great.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and very beautiful card Jackie and gorgeous doodling
Gr Karin

Janette said...

Fabulous card Jackie I love it and your dooling is amazing, I still haven't got round to watch Barbara, do wacth the odd zentangle video though which is similar.
Sorry to hear of your neighbours daughter, thats just to awful to think about.xx

ALI said...

Great card and I love your doodle, I've just completed mine, I only started from the kite but have really enjoyed it. Stay safe x

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant card Jackie and your drawing is so beautiful.
Have a lovely weekend and stay safe xx

Linda Simpson said...

Just love your doodling, it looks amazing! Sam's card is fantastic too and wish you good luck in the challenge.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love Sams card and WOW your doodling is fantastic, I love it. Hope your neighbours daughter gets well soon, its so scary when its someone you know, Love Hazelxx

pam said...

Fantastic card Jackie..
Stay safe
Pam x

L.B. said...

This looks like a great celebration for sure.

Mrs A. said...

Your doodling is brilliant. I am sure Sam will love his card. Have had so much other stuff on my mind that I can't seem to concentrate on anything for any length of time. Have this about Barbara Gray of a morning. must go and check it out. Hugs Mrs A. Stay safe and well.

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jackie, Just been and watched episode 1 and 2 and drawn my birds on a wire and my tree. I have a lot of watching and doodling to catch up on but then I'm not planning on going anywhere am I! Hugs Mrs A.

tilly said...

Hope your neighbours daughter soon recovers. This is a lovely card for Sam, have a nice weekend xx

Dawn Phillips said...

It's a lovely card for a guy and I love your sketch too. It's nice to see you are using your time creatively. Thanks for joining my challenge at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Alison59 said...

Super card Jackie and amazing doodling :-)

Gwyneth said...

Your doodle along looks great, and I love your card as well.
GG

karenlotty said...

Great card for Sam I don’t do FB very often because I’m not very good at navigating around it I think I’ve asked to be in John’s group but haven’t checked back to see if I can view stuff!
Your sketching is lovely I have promised myself to start (from scratch!) that I will Watch Barbara’s videos I can’t watch them “live” because I am still working
I hope your neighbour’s daughter is OK Such a worrying time for them
Take care x
Ooh Loved the hippos too

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a lovely card for Sam and awesome doodling!

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jackie, me again. Have found the Barbara Gray videos and now playing catch up . Have followed the first 7 and completed the doodling for each session. About to watch session 8 with the bird feeder. Thanks for mentioning this on your blog would never have found out about it otherwise. Have just joined her Facebook page too. Hugs Mrs A. .

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card, and great doodle, Jackie xoxo

Heidi Weaver said...

What a wonderful birthday card, Jackie! Sam should love it. The die-cuts work brilliantly for your design. Thanks so much for sharing with us for the Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge.

Janice said...

Fabulous celebration card Jackie.
Janice x

Cazro said...

Fabulous card, great bottle. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

shirley-bee said...

Great card for our Food And Drink theme! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)