Followers

Thursday 11 October 2018

Not Just Cards Challenge blog - October Challenge

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

Good morning. It looks like it is going to be a bit of a wet start today. This will be a good excuse to get on with my Christmas cards. I made six yesterday.

The October Challenge started on the Not Just Cards Challenge blog yesterday and the theme is  Anything Goes. 

Back last summer my very good friend asked if I would make a tropical themed wedding card for her son and future daughter-in-law whose wedding would be in October. This was because their favourite place to go on holiday is the Caribbean. The wedding was last week so it is okay to show the card now.


I decided to make a big card. This one is just a bit smaller than A4. I did make a box for it. I printed the backing paper it was one of the designs that I have on the computer. The colours I used are the wedding colours. Though I didn't quite get the orange right. I printed the sentiment on the computer. My friend wanted a lot of details and this was the only way to achieve that. 

Why not join in with our challenge. Click on the logo and you will be taken there. 


I decided to cut the Just Married die from the Rustic Collection by Crafter's Companion in white. I cut the bride and groom from the rest of the die cut and matted it with the mint card. The sunset was an image I found on the internet. The frame was cut with the Double Pierced Circles by Creative Expressions. 


All the flowers, foliage and trees where cut with the dies from the Tropical set by Sizzix.


I added a butterfly cut with the Small Butterfly die set by John Next Door. 


I really did throw a lot of dies at this card. I hope the happy couple liked it. 

Enjoy the rest of the day. I will be back later with another Design Team make. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

Wendy L said...

You nailed it to a T with this one Jackie, perfect card, xxx

Shabneez said...

Loving the tropical themed wedding card Jackie - it's perfect! Shabneez x

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card Jackie :-)

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautifulllllllll Jackie
Gr Karin

Laine said...

Such fabulous die cut detail Jackie. Stunning scene and theme.
Laine
x

Di said...

What an amazing card Jackie - so perfect in every beautiful detail - and a load of snippets used I can bet! I just bet it was a total hit with the lucky couple!

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Wow. A truly tropical card for the happy couple. Hugs Mrs A.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab design.xxx

OlgaB said...

Wow love how you made all the dies work together!
Thank you fro joining Creative Moments!
Hugs from Africa!
Olga

Carole J said...

Wow! This is stunning - so much detail with gorgeous die embellishments. Well done, Jackie!

Sherri said...

Gorgeous wedding card! It really sets the mood! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the design. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Crafty Addicts this month, good luck!
Hugs Donna (DT) xx

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, perfect for the occasion.
Just catching up on commenting after holiday, your cards are lovely as always.
Janice x

crafty said...

Love the background to the happy couple. Thank you for joining in the QkrStampede challenge.
Mary