Followers

Thursday 18 October 2018

Up-cycled Christmas card.

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? Now is the time to confess that we are going away for the weekend to Destination Star Trek at the NEC. I have been a Star Trek fan since the show started way back in the 1960s. My husband is a fan now as well. On the way to Birmingham we are going to stop in at the Crafter's Companion in Evesham. It is a bit of a diversion but my husband doesn't mind and it will be a real treat for me. I will catch up with everyone when I get back.

I have been making lots of Christmas cards this week. I was asked by a Brownie leader to make some cards to support a table top sale to raise funds for her unit. None of the cards I have made for her are too complicated. I rather liked the colours on this one.


The whole of the background was the original card in my stash I had a card blank that matched. I worked from the original card out to make the mats and layers and finally the card blank was trimmed a little. 


I added the Deer Family from Creative Expressions. They were cut in kraft card and I added a black shadow. 


This is the John Next Door sentiment stamp cut in white glitter card with a black shadow. 


Altogether I think I have made 20 cards for the sale. I need to find them all envelopes and plastic covers. 

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Take care. Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

26 comments:

Gwyneth said...

Great looking card.
GG

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Christmas card! You would never know it was recycled! Love those deer! Have fun at the Star Trek event!!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely card Jackie, great die cuts

karenlotty said...

Enjoy your weekend You are definitely the queen of upcycled cards! It’s brilliant

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful and fabulous! Hugs, de

Wendy L said...

Super card Jackie. Have a great weekend, Keith is so good making a diversion for you to craft shop, I know my John wouldn't!!!!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, great background to add the deer to.

Sylv xx

Shabneez said...

Super card Jackie - enjoy your weekend, sounds lots of fun! Shabneez x

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jackie....
Oh how fabulous to be going to a Trekkie convo...have fun and don't get beamed up...haha...how could I resist...xx

Alison59 said...

Delightful card Jackie :-)

Enjoy the trekking; from one trekkie to another "Live long and prosper"!!

Laine said...

Such a lovely card and layers Jackie.
Laine
x

Kathy said...

Just a delightful card! love the glimmery trees

Linda Simpson said...

Have a fabulous weekend! Love this card it is gorgeous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

Excellent card and recycling. Enjoy your weekend x

Janice said...

A fabulous re-cycled card Jackie. Enjoy your weekend.
Janice x

Andree said...

A wonderful Christmas card Jackie. Pretty background and lovely deer family.
Have a super weekend away xx

Jan said...

Love this Jackie xx Jan

Carole said...

Lovely little scene with the deer and the trees, Jackie. Lovely colours too! x

Katie said...

Stunning Christmas card

Alizabethy said...

What a fab card - and very envious of your weekend, hope you had a great time - live long & prosper!

Pat K said...

Beautiful card. Great recycling. Hope you had a fun weekend. Pat K xx

Mrs A. said...

You have used that upcycled card perfectly. I had two of that design in my stash also but used mine up earlier in the year. Never thought to add deer like you have here though. Hugs Mrs A.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet, Jackie. I love the color xoxo

jane stillman said...

A brilliant re-cycled card x

Herbaholic said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the colours :) Love & Hugs - Debs xxx

Jan said...

Love this the colours are fab xx Jan