Followers

Friday 26 October 2018

Upcycled Snowy Christmas card.

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a good week. I have been busy. I keep having to write lists to keep track of what I need to do. I am looking forward to the weekend. We are hoping to get some Christmas shopping done at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth. We have some vouchers for Cafe Rouge that need using up soon and the closest outlet to us is there.

Yes I have been reusing old Christmas cards again. This time I found I had two of the same design.


The background it the entire Christmas card. 


As I had two of the same card I thought I would photograph the before and after. I do love reusing old Christmas cards. 


I used the Deer family dies from Creative Expressions. They were cut once in Kraft card and once in black to create a shadow. 


I like how the members of the family face each other. 


Everything is better when you add deer.  Have a great weekend. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,a fab design.xxx

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jackie..xx

Carole Pollard said...

That looks great I love the kraft reindeer on this and they are perfect with the recycled base a great idea and fab card. Enjoy your shopping and meal I'm going this afternoon to try and make a start love Christmas but hate all the shopping enjoy Love and hugs Carole x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What fantastic recycling, those deer transform the card beautifully.

Sue xx

Shabneez said...

Great recycling Jackie - beautiful card. Enjoy your shopping and eating! Shabneez x

jane stillman said...

Another great recycled card. Enjoy the shopping and your meal

Alison59 said...

Great upcycling Jackie :-)

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh how I love this gorgeous card and that recycled background looks stunning against the Deer Family.
Love how you have used the black to shadow them too it makes them pop so much more.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. with DT hat on.

Laine said...

Fab card Jackie.
Laine
x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love how you have recycled the Christmas card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Jackie and congrats on sue wilson blog

Gr Karin

pam said...

Two fabulous cards Jackie.
Pam x

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeous upcycling, Jackie! I very much enjoy using store bought cards in this manner and haven’t done it for years! Thanks for inspiring me with your lovely creation! XXOO

Mrs A. said...

Great upcycling of the old Christmas card. I think
I had one in my stash as well which I cut up and reused dome time back. Love how you have used the deer on here. Hugs Mrs A.

Gwyneth said...

I love recycling old cards as well. Your choice of layout and embelishments look great with the original image.
GG

karenlotty said...

What a beautiful clever card Jackie Hope the shopping was successful

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

I also reuse old Christmas cards at times Jackie, they are so pretty to just go in the shredder!!

This is a very pretty card and making the shadow on the 'deer makes them pop

Happy crafting....

June x

ALI said...

Lovely Jackie x

scrappymo! said...

I reuse old Christmas cards too....and upcycle many other things too! I like the challenge of using them...

Your card looks great. Your reindeer are lovely and look really good here.


Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.