Followers

Thursday 20 June 2019

llama Love twisted easel Birthday Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? The sun is shining here today maybe it will be a better day.

This is the birthday card that I made for our daughter's birthday back at the end of May.


I do like a twisted easel card. All the papers I used were in my stash


This image is from the Llama Love set from Imagine That Digistamp. It is mostly a Christmas image set but this cute llama is included as well. I used a precoloured image that way I could use my own photo to create the  background. I did fussy cut a llama to lay over the top of the image to give some dimension. 


This was a topper that I had in my stash. It made a great stopper for the easel. 


Yesterday I heard some very sad news. My crafty friend Erika passed away the previous evening. She had a very short illness, it took her very quickly. I only met her a few times but we had lots of contact through social media. With her husband she lived on the same estate as our daughter and son-in-law. Erika made a big impact on the craft community she will be missed. RIP Erika ❤


Back to the card. I made a matching gift card holder. Now the sad thing about this card is that it was lost in the post and our daughter never received it. When I share this post it will be the first time that she will see it. I really ought to make a replacement card. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

I hope you enjoy the rest of the week. 

Hugs Jackie

23 comments:

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Morning Jackie

I love your twisted easel card, my aunt also loves llamas!

I really am so sorry to hear the sad news of your friend Erika's passing, RIP

June x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Morning Jackie

I love your twisted easel card, my aunt also loves llamas!

I really am so sorry to hear the sad news of your friend Erika's passing, RIP

June x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, not made this style for ages, so sorry about your friend, xxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

I love a twisted easel card, not made one for ages. What a shame your daughter never recieved such a beautiful card. You do hear of post being delivered years after it was sent so don't give up hope.
So sorry to hear of your sad loss. The loss of a younger person is always tragic.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous, I love the llamas. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Erika, may she rest in peace.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

so cute and beautiful Jackie

and sorry for your lost of your friend Erika

gr karin

Emma Goddard said...

This is a fabulous card, beautifully created, shame it got lost...
So sorry to hear the sad news about your friend Jackie 💗 RIP Erika xx

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the shape.
So sorry to here about your friend Erika.
Hugs Pam x

ALI said...

Lovely cute image.
Sorry for the loss of your friend x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie and sorry that your daughter didn’t receive it. Also sorry to hear about your friend Erika. Take care.

Kristine said...

Hi Jackie, what a CUTE twisted easel card! Happy belated Birthday to your daughter *Ü* And I'm so sorry for the loss of your crafty friend Erika. I've had a couple crafting friends pass away these past couple of years and it's especially hard when it happens so quickly! My heart goes out to all who loved her.

Thank you for linking up at ITD’s CREATIVE PLAYGROUND CHALLENGE! Winners are announced on 2nd Thursday each month

♥Kris, Owner/illustrator
www.ImagineThatDigistamp.com

Shabneez said...

Fabulous creation Jackie. So sorry to hear about your friend. Sending hugs, Shabneez x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love that LLama. TOO cute and so very sorry to hear about your friend

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful cards. I'm sorry for your loss xoxo

tilly said...

a cute card for your daughter, have a good weekend xx

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the llama!!

Was so sorry to hear of Erica's passing, she
will be sadly missed by all who knew her,
in person and via social media!! RIP Erica :(
Hugs D xxx

Mrs A. said...

Sorry to hear of your sad news. I love your card. A super easel design. Hugs Mrs A.

Alizabethy said...

Such a shame about loosing a crafting friend - and your funky card!

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card Jackie Such a shame it got lost in the post
So sad to hear about your friend xx

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, sorry your daughter never got to see in real life.
The news about your friend is very sad indeed, may she rest in peace.xx

Tracy Welham said...

What a beautiful card Jackie, a real shame it never reached its destination.
Sorry for the loss of your friend Erika.
Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Helen said...

A great card as always, Jackie. So sorry to hear your sad news.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Love the twisted easel and that llama is darn cute too Michelle x