Followers

Monday 26 August 2019

Deer family in a Winter Forest

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your weekend been so far. For those of us lucky enough we have an extra day today. Although I no longer work I still love a bank holiday. It is an extra day to have hubby home. Later today we will go back to the barn where the Hampshire Open Studios event was held to collect my cards. We will also stay around to help tidy up. In the evening we are going out with our friends for a meal and a catch up.

I love the Rudolph Days Challenge  it runs from the 25th until the end of the month. This challenge has really kept me on track with my Christmas cards.

Back in July I had a day in Petersfield shopping with a friend. One of the charity shops were selling off packs of 10 Christmas cards for 79p. I picked out two designs that I knew I could adapt into my own Christmas cards.


The card blank is what was left over from cutting another card blank from an A3 sheet of black card. I have had the brown glitter card in my stash since the first time I went to the Newbury Craft Show and they gave out goody bags. There was even enough of the image left to make a tag. 


When I saw the original card I knew the the Winter Wonderland die set from Sizzix would suit it so well. If you cut the antlers from the male deer you get a female. 


I was rather pleased with how this card turned out. I will be using the other 9 cards from the pack to make other cards. 

I would like to enter the following Challenges:

Have a great week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

Wendy L said...

Love your stag card Jackie, a super design.
Great way of getting toppers for your cards aswell as helping a charity too, xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Super card Jackie. I do the same after Christmas when they sell off cards cheaply I trawl through to see what I can recycle from them. Enjoy your day. Christine x

Janette said...

A lovely card Jackie, its a beautiful scene I think.
Have a lovely day and enjoy your meal later, I still like BH weekends even though I can't work any longer, its just nice everyone is around and not having to rush away...xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautifulllllllllllllllll Jackie
Gr Karin

Mrs A. said...

Great use of the charity card and a brilliant idea to chop (sorry erm surgically remove) the antlers to make a female. Hugs Mrs A.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful scene card. I pulled out some Christmas things for cards yesterday. I'm itching to make some too. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Crafting Happiness Challenge. Hope you'll share more of your projects.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy
Crafting Happiness Challenges
Facebook Page for Pause Dream Enjoy

Carole J said...

A perfect little winter scene, Jackie. Enjoy the extra day with hubby! x

Gwyneth said...

I love the scene you've built for this card Jackie.
GG

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great recycling, very elegant card

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous Jackie, love the colors

Alison59 said...

Lovely card Jackie :-)

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a beauty, love the look.
:) Karen

Stamping Bubbles said...

Great Christmas card Jackie.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

karenlotty said...

A beautiful card JACKIE I have the deer dies and wouldn’t have thought to trim off the antlers- Doh!
The weekend was sooo hot that we didn’t do a lot except visit a lovely old fashioned village Fete on the Monday

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jackie, fab design x

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Jackie! Happy Rudolf Day!

Anonymous said...

A fabulous upcycled christmas card! Even though you’ve created a lovely winter scene, the card has a warm look with the neutrals. Thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Linda
Rudolph Days Challenge DT

Kendra said...

Beautiful card! I really like it.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Jackie.

Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful upcycled Christmas card, Jackie! I often do the same as you. Always on the lookout for clearance cards or thrift shop cards that I can cut down and make into a new version.

I am currently making 20 packages of 4 assorted birthday cards each, to donate to a charity my eldest is sponsoring. If I had to colour 80 images, I would never get them done. Your upcycling idea here was used for a few of them!

Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

BrendaB said...

I really love the rustic feel of your winter scene! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I do love this one and the background is so effective Michelle x