Followers

Thursday 29 August 2019

Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) - Things with Wings Challenge

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How it your week going? I am pleased the weather has got a bit cooler it makes it easier for me to get things done. This evening I am meeting my hubby in town and we are going to see Avenue Q at the Mayflower theatre. There was an offer and they are hard to resist.

I am hosting the next challenge at the Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) Challenge blog and I have chosen the theme Things with Wings.

I was asked to make a card for the 80th Birthday of one of my in-laws good friends. He was a Paratrooper and that's what they wanted for the theme of the card.


I had to do quite a bit of research for this card. I found the paratrooper badge and the some other bits on the computer. This is a Z-fold card. I do like making these. 


This is a photo of the chap in question. He is very good to my husband's parents. They have even spent Christmas together a few times. 


That is the Paratroopers badge and it has Wings. You can see the badge on the hat in the photo above this one. 


I was quite surprised that this chap was 80 he really doesn't seem like it. 


With some of the left over bits I made this card for the chap from my hubby and me. 


I know he was thrilled with this card. He kept talking to people about it and showing them. It is nice when something you have made makes someone happy. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

A really great card Jackie and so appropriate for the recipient. I'm sure he was very moved by it. Super challenge. Hugs Christine x

Wendy L said...

Looks fab Jackie and different from butterflies, lol.
THANK you, xxxx

Kathy said...

Wonderful card, which really celebrates such a special occasion perfectly. I love the fold you've used.

Mrs A. said...

Both cards are perfect and
I bet he was chuffed to bits with them. I try and personalise any commissions I get . Hugs Mrs A.

Lori Kobular said...

Two awesome cards for that paratrooper! I am sure he loved them!

Jane Austin said...

These are wonderful, I love them...
Jane 🌴

pam said...

Wonderful cards Jackie, .
Hugs Pam x

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant cards Jackie. Good ideas there.

ALI said...

This is fantastic Jackie what a keepsake x

Jan said...

Thats fabulous x Jan

Doreen said...

What a great card,love it.xxx

karenlotty said...

A stunning card It’s lovely to be able to do something really personalised and to see how much he appreciated it Fabulous choice for the theme too

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card....a keepsake...Joolsx

Stamping Bubbles said...

Hi Jackie. This is a brilliant card, so much detail and so personnal to the recipient. No wonder he was thrilled with it.
Have a good weekend.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Alison59 said...

How brilliant Jackie; a card to treasure :-)

Sian said...

A brilliant card. I'm sure he will absolutely love it. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).

Sue - said...

Wow that is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great birthday card today Jackie, love the card shape

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous design for your challenge Jackie, I love it

June x

Caz said...

Beautiful Jackie...Sorry im late again..Loving your card..Bet he will love it too..

Caz xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow! Amazing card Jackie and a great keepsake Michelle x

Janice said...

Great card and keepsake Jackie.
Janice x