Followers

Wednesday 29 January 2020

Floral Doily Thank You Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? Today there will be no invigilating for me as I am having lunch out with a lovely group of people that I used to work with. We go to a restaurant at a local college where the students wait on you and others cook the food. I must say that the food is amazing and the price is fantastic.

When I made my splat card (which you can see here) I had lots of flowers left over. Here is was I decided to make.


I saw a challenge somewhere to use a doily I am too late to join that challenge but it did remind me that I have lots of doilies in my stash. The patterned paper in the background is left over from our daughter's wedding. 


The cornflowers cut with the Cornflower die from the John Next Door range are very pretty. It you lay a 2.5 inch strip across the middle of the die you get two small flowers and all the centres. As all the dies are on one plate there is no chance of loosing the small dies. I used the Star Flower Leaves dies to cut the leaves. This design is a great way to use up Snippets of card and paper. 


The banner die and the thank you both came with the Crafter's Companion Advent calendar. 


I did enjoy making this card. It is so bright and cheerful. I am taking place at the Hampshire Studios event again this summer and I am already thinking of what I can make for it. This year I will have much more time to plan. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely bright floral card loving all the flowers have a good day

Janette said...

Lovely colourful card Jackie, its so pretty.
Hope you have a lovely day with your friend. I am sadly going to the Dentist and even though its just a check up I really hate it..x

Crafting Queen said...

Really pretty card Jackie. Must have taken you ages to make.

Alison59 said...

Lovely cheery card Jackie :-)

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a very brilliant card and your design looks awesome and very lovely.
Love all the gorgeous bright colours they sure brighten up ones day, and such a useful way to use up snippets also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Wendy L said...

What a lovely array of colourful flowers Jackie, xxxx

Mrs A. said...

Love the profusion of colour and the gorgeous flowers on the doily background. When my daughter was at Catering college they had the same arrangement where they had a them waiting and cooking the food in the restaurant. It was good practice for them and I think it went towards their practical exam marks too. Hugs Mrs A.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, I love those summery colours. It fair brightens your day up, Hazelx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful wreath and loving the flowers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. Love all the flowers. I am sure you enjoyed lunch today. I did hear you were going out to lunch this week.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie....love the bright colours of the flowers...Joolsx

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is so beautiful, Jackie xoxo

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and cheerful card Jackie
Gr Karin

ALI said...

Lovely and bright x

Shabneez said...

A beautifully colourful creation Jackie. Hope you enjoyed your lunch! Shabneez x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jackie! Such pretty, vibrant, FUN colorful posies against the white doily. I've never thought of using a doily die cut to arrange the elements of a wreath, and it is a fabulous idea! Wishing you a fantastic week-end! Smiles, de

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such out die cuts in lovely colors Jackie

Di said...

What a fabulous card Jackie. Such a lovely splash of cheerful and beautiful flowers in so many colours. Great use of snippets of course :)

Hugs

Di xx

Helen said...

A great creation - thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door.

Helen x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Hope you had a lovely lunch. What a beautiful floral wreath and array of colours and textures so very very pretty. Michelle x