Followers

Friday 17 January 2020

Pretty Floral Birthday Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a good week. We have certainly had some weather to contend with. I am looking forward to the weekend. It should be a quiet one as we have nothing planned. Though we might visit our friend who had the operation this week if he feels like visitors. I wonder what you have planned?

On my blog the other day  I had a comment that someone couldn't read my blog post as the font was too small. It would help me a lot if anyone else who is having this issue could let me know. I am using the Normal Font size and I am not keen to go bigger but I will if I have to.

In an attempt to be organised I have made a spreadsheet of all the birthdays and celebrations through the year that I would like to make cards for. Having compiled it the list is rather long and a bit daunting. I just don't want to leave anyone out. Here is a card I made for the first birthday on the list.


I found a pretty patterned paper in my stash and I matched the colours of the mats and layers to the paper. 


I cut the Renmore die to create a focal place for the sentiment from a scrap of white card from my stash. This die set is from the John Next Door range. 


I used two shades of pink to cut the Cornflower die to create the flowers. This is the first time I have used this die.  The foliage was cut the Leafy Swirls dies. Both of these are  from the John Next Door range. I used the off cuts from the mats to make the flowers. 


I do like how this card turned out. Now I want to make one in blues to see how that looks. Adding some ink and pearls to the flowers might look good too. Don't you just love it when dies give you ideas? 

For the next two weeks I will be invigilating so I am not sure how much crafting will get done. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, I love using dies and really must try to use mine more often!!! Great idea planning all the cards for the year!! Might try that myself instead of thinking ooops gotta make a card for tomorrow!! H xx

Janette said...

Beautiful card again Jackie, love the dies used, very pretty.
The font can make a huge difference, I do tweak about with mine alot and maybe one up would help out, some are just way to small. Have a lovely weekend.xx

Crafting Queen said...

Very pretty card, love the dies you used.

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Stunning card Jackie and beautiful colourways too

I don't have a problem with the font size but do appreciate if someone has visual problems and find it difficult to read another person's blog

Have a good weekend and hope it is a quiet one for you

June :)

brenda said...

A pretty card in lovely shades of deep pinks, thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, loving the colours and beautiful flowers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done with these gorgeous flowers!
Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Mrs A. said...

I don’t have a problem with your font. If I need to see something bigger then I zoom in when using my iPad or if on my pc then I increase the sizing. This is a pretty floral card. The colours are lovely and will probably look nice in blue too. Hugs Mrs A.

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. Enjoy your weekend whatever you decided to do.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with lovely flowers. Love the dies you have used. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card and gorgeous flowers Jackie
Gr Karin

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jackie! Your layered flowers done in this pretty monochrome color are just lovely! With that pretty lattice work, I feel as though I'm visiting you in your garden, enjoying a morning conversation! Beautiful! hugs, de

pam said...

Beautiful card and love the layout Jackie,
Font is ok to me, I do mess with mine, sometime larger and different fonts and sometime white other time black..depends what colour card I am editing.
Pam x

karenlotty said...

Very pretty JACKIE I don’t have a problem with size of font but can appreciate others - I read your blog on my phone and “stretch” the screen if I’m having a problem
Hope the invigilating goes ok

ALI said...

Pretty card, lovely colours. I have a list of birthdays but I hang a piece of scrap paper in front of me with a 3 months on so I don't forget any x

Alison59 said...

Gorgeous colours Jackie :-)

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Jackie! Love the colours and all those pretty flowers. I just increase the screen size by using control and + together if I'm finding a font a bit small to read. I really wouldn't start fiddling around with it if it was my blog!

Hugs

Di xx

htondre@aol.com said...

Loving this color combo, gorgeous work

Mary said...

Very Pretty young lady. I love the colors and of course the flowers. I've been snooping around your blog for inspiration. Have a wonderful day.