Followers

Monday 27 January 2020

Pussy Cat themed easel Christmas Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? I hope you had something nice to do. We went into Southampton on Saturday morning. We had coffee and cake vouchers for John Lewis and it would have been rude not to use them. We also returned to the Pre-Raphaelite exhibition at the Art Gallery which finishes soon. Sunday was a quiet day of catching up.

On Friday I had a bit of a difficult day. I didn't realise how tired invigilating had made me last week. With a free afternoon on Friday I tried to craft and nothing worked. I did get rather fed up. On Saturday afternoon  I took a bit of time out to craft and I was much happier with the results. Here is one of the cards that I made.


This year lots of people have given me their old cards to recycle. I go through them and sort out the cards I can use. I came across a card with a group of cats on. My mother-in-law loves cats and I thought the image would make a nice card for her. 


This is a happy group of cats all dressed up and ready for the cold. 


I used the sentiment cut with a die from the Happy Snowflakes die set and this became the stopper for the easel part of the card. 


The trees were cut with the Winter Trees die set from Creative Expressions. The little cat die came with the Crafter's Companion Advent Calendar. I like the design on this part of the card so much I might adapt it into a card on it's own. 


I was pleased with this card. I think my mother-in-law will love it. I will make a separate card for my father-in-law. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week. I will be invigilating again this week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

I love these cats, what a super card. Glad you had a lovely weekend. x

Janette said...

Glad you got your mojo back on track Jackie, its odd how things can take it don't you think. Anyway, lovely card.xx

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Jackie. I love the cats. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Linda Simpson said...

I love this Jackie, those cats are just adorable. I am recycling old Christmas cards too this year.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

Love this make Jackie, a really wonderful design, xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

What a fabby bit of recycling!! Love these kittys, they look like my cat and all his pals!!! Sounds like you had a busy weekend, Hazelxx

ALI said...

So cute Jackie x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jackie.

Sue xx

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. I am sure your Mother in Law will love it. When do you finish the invigorating? Soon I hope.

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love cats image xx

Alison59 said...

Aw Jackie what gorgeous puddytats >^-^<

Lynda said...

It's awful when you're not happy with anything you do isn't it|? I'm glad you managed to find yourself again. And - certainly would be rude not to use the vouchers :) Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge with this cute card. :) Lynda DT

scrappymo! said...

This is so cute! The image is adorable and I love your design, JAckie.
It was such a great idea to add the small cat to the inside of the card. Ties the front in so well!

Thanks for taking part in the January Rudolph Days Challenge.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

How can I not leave you a comment on your puddy cat card!!....just the the great image....Joolsx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Week, I love this. So cute

Kathy said...

This is so cute Jackie!

Mind you, I've heard the wailing racket cats make, so not sure I'd welcome them as carol-singers hahaha