Followers

Monday 21 December 2020

Glamourous Ladies Christmas Card

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you had a good weekend. We actually went to a socially distanced concert on Saturday. It was so lovely to be at an event. Everything was in place to keep you safe. I can't believe we are so close to Christmas. 

This is the card that I made for my good friend. We decided to meet for a walk to swap cards so I was able to make her card a bit bigger. 


I keep cards with images of this type of lady. My friend likes them a lot. 


So this image was cut from an old card. 


The Poinsettias and Ivy were cut with dies by John Next Door. I added pearls to the centres to make them a bit more opulent. At the back is white glitter card. 


I know my friend liked this card. It was lovely seeing her for a walk. Unfortunately we did get caught in the rain. Tonight is the night that  two planets are in conjunction  which will make what some people are calling the Bethlehem star. I do hope the skies will be clear enough to see it. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Have a good week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, your friends card is beautiful, that image is so gorgeous isn't it.
Glad you managed to go out and about.
Have a Merry Christmas.xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous make hun, I do love the art deco images
I'm hoping to drag hubby out (if the weather holds up & is kind) to see these planets...fingers crossed xx
Hugs Shell xx

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning card Jackie, I do love Art Deco.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alison59 said...

Very chic Jackie :-)

htondre@aol.com said...

Gorgeous project today Jackie, lovely die cuts

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jackie, what a gorgeous card, I love the image and your design, no wonder your friend loved it.
Our skies are full of cloud, no chance of seeing the planets, hope you do, Kate x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and so elegant Jackie
Gr Karin

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my goodness. This is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your art this week at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Don't forget to click LIKE on as many projects as you want including yours. The most liked project will be featured along with the top picks on Saturday. You can enter up to 5 different projects this week, so hope to see more of your creations.
Merry Christmas!
:) Janis, Owner & Design Team @ Crafting Happiness Challenges

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is stunning, what a great card, I love all things 20s so Im adoring that image. Hope alls well, Hazelxx

Littlelamb said...

Love the Art Deco images, glad you friend liked the card but then who wouldn’t. It’s gorgeous. I bought some nice wrapping paper from Clinton’s a long time ago and cut all the Art Deco images out. They were useful for cards. Take care and stay safe.x

Pat K said...

Very pretty card Jackie, great Art Deco images. xx

Wendy L said...

Lovely, classy card Jackie for your friends, xxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie xoxo

Tracy Welham said...

Stunning card, Jackie. Creative blessings, Tracy x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love these Art Deco cards and this is so elegantly stylish with beautiful flowers too and I bet your friend loved it. Take care. Michelle x

Janet Packer said...

I loved how you repurposed the image into a very elegant card for your friend. I’ve just been out to look for the star, but u fortunately there was too much cloud. ☹️

Shabneez said...

Stunning creation Jackie! Shabneez x

Judy V said...

Gorgeous creation Jackie! Merry Christmas to you!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, not sure how I missed it. I am thinking about doing the oil course next but we will see. thank you for your lovley comment. Hugs Anesha

MiamiKel said...

This is so elegant and I just love the bold pops of color! Super lovely card and I love all things recycled!