Followers

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Butterflies, Butterflies and more Butterflies.

Hi Bloggers

I just want to say thank you for the response to my last post it was amazing and welcome to my new followers.  Today's cards came about because someone at work wanted a card with a butterfly on, like one I had made for a leaving card, as a birthday card for her daughter. I must admit I had been putting this off for a while but all the other cards I had to make were done so I had now further excuse not to have a go.


This is the butterfly, when I made the original card I made three.  The butterfly was made with a Sweet Poppy stencil inked through with distress ink covered with Translucent paste that was then covered with a fine clear glitter. If I am doing a technique like this I often make more than one and save them for later projects.


This is the first card I made.The background was made by stamping two sizes of butterfly stamp with Perfect Medium on to some white stamping card. This was then heat embossed with CS Clear Detail Embossing Powder and  inked with three shades of Distress Ink. 


The butterfly image was mounted onto purple card and a layer of
 silver which was pierced around the edge.


This is the second card and it is quite simple one.The background was embossed with the Sue Wilson A4 embossing folder Art Deco Fanfare. The Happy Birthday was from a Memory Box die that I cut up a bit as it wouldn't fit as a whole. I added a couple of die cut butterflies at the bottom of the card. I will take both of the cards to work and the lady will get to choose and I will have the other one in my stash. I wonder which one she will go for.


As a bit of fun I made this  little card for my stash  from leftovers from the cards I had been working on. I often try things out that don't necessarily work on the main card, like the inked butterflies, but they are too pretty not to have been used.   

Thank you for looking at my blog.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie



26 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous I do love my butterflies. Gorgeous colours and card designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what colourful and gorgeous cards Jackie.
Gr Karin

Dawn said...

A gorgeous set of cards Jackie! I love the butterflies!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a lovely array of very pretty butterfly cards.
I am a big butterfly fan, and love them to bits, and nearly always try to incorporate them in a card.
You should try the butterfly challenge one day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Laine said...

These are stunning Jackie. Butterflies are always popular and these are wonderful.
Laine
xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, I love your mix of techniques xx
Sandie x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous cards, love your butterflies so pretty and beautiful colours x

pam said...

hi Jackie, beautiful cards, love the colours you have used and your gorgeous butterflies.
hugs pam

Jackie T said...

Thank you Jenny I will check out the challenge. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

Wonderful cards Jackie, the butterflies are all so pretty x

Unknown said...

Would be hard to choose they are both wonderful. Hugs Jennifer xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful flutterby card Jackie, they are so pretty :o)
Jackie xx

Alyx said...

Both cards are so pretty and elegant.
xx

I have a blog candy with a £50 Scribble and Scrap Crafts voucher to win if you are interested.
http://lexiesblogstardate.blogspot.co.uk

Alison59 said...

WOW these are amazing. Well done :-)

Cheremane said...

Fabulous makes :) xx

Unknown said...

love your cards.x

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie I'm catching up with your blog at last as time has flown by without me realising!!! I have to say that I am the very proud owner of the butterfly leaving card and it is still on display. So many people have picked it up to feel the texture and have asked me about it and it is too pretty to go in a box. I love the cards you have made here and I know your client will love them all! I think they will take both as they are so pretty. Good thing you have a spare for your stash! Take care and will catch up with you soon love Diane xxx

Naomi said...

Beautiful colours Jackie. Love the technique. xx

Carole Z said...

Your butterfly is stunning Jackie, love those colours..both cards are gorgeous, hugs Carole Z X

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful. Just love the amazing colours and the.

Teighan

Jan said...

Love these cards Jackie xx Jan

Brawny x said...

These are all superb Jackie. Just gorgeous x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful cards....pretty butterflies and colours...Joolsx

Unknown said...

hi Jackie ... just loving your flutterby cards ... well done ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Barbara said...

What beautiful cards these are, Jackie....loving all the butterflies you've used. That large one is fab and the colours are stunning xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, so many stunning butterfly cards, Love all the bright colors on that big butterfly. I think my favorite is totally the one in the middle. Gorgeous