Followers

Saturday 11 October 2014

Christmas in a Box

Hi Bloggers

Hasn't the week flown by I just don't know where the time goes. I can't believe that this time last week we were at the Excel queuing up to see Brent Spiner (Commander Data) at Destination Star Trek 3. As I  promised I will put a few pictures at the end of this post for those Trekkies out there - you know who you are. :)


Today's project is a card and matching box. They were both shown on Create and Craft when Sam  Poole did her last shows in August. The box was filled with toffees, this went down a treat with the crew in the studio. Needless to say the box came back empty but I can fill it again and give it to someone as a gift.

First  I created two  2 A4 background sheets by inking two white sheets of stamping card with red and green Distress inks. When the sheets had dried I stamped a poinsettia stamp with perfect medium and then I heat embossed with CS White Detail embossing power. I repeated this with a gold embossing powder. 


I made the card first I matted and layered the background onto a 8" x 8" black card blank and I added CS Antique Gold PVA glue dots around the edge.


The poinsettias were made with a Sizzix Bigz die Tattered Poinsettias by Tim Holtz. Once they were cut I inked and shaped them. To the centres of the poinsettias I added CS Antique gold PVA. 


I added some silky crush ribbon and an antique button and I made a tag with some dies and some left over background paper.


The box is a straight forward and the largest I could make from two A4 sheets. I scored the box with my Hougie board and I cut the aperture with a die. The acetate, that I placed in the aperture, is heat resistant  I used perfect medium and heat embossed it with white and then gold  embossing powder. I did make a matching tag, I stuck to the box for posting so it didn't get lost. The box looked lovely filled with red and gold wrapped toffees which weren't too expensive but they looked much more impressive in the box.

Now for Destination Star Trek 3 

This was the event logo you could see it everywhere.

We saw Colm Meany first he was a replacement for Jonathan Frakes who couldn't attend.

We had a break and then we saw Brent Spiner. The guests mostly do question and answer sessions he was very funny to listen to.

This is Patrick Stewart and his son Daniel (who was in one episode of Next Generation playing his son). I got better pictures of them as they stood still longer.
We did see lots of other people as we were walking around. Lots of people attend in costume and it is fun to see them. We are hoping to go again when it comes back to London.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie


27 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

This is gorgeous card and box, love your inking and embossing, beautiful details.
Fabulous photos x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous box Jackie, beautiful made.

I'm a trekkie fan jackie have the box of the next generation and the voyager, all the star trek movies.

Gr Karin

Alizabethy said...

Fabulous piece of work - and I'm a big trekkie fan too!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous box and loving the gorgeous poinsettias. Fabulous photographs too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card and box Jackie.
I am green with envy at the star trek piccies lol :-)
OMG fancy meeting all those stars. I didn't realise that was Patrick's real son playing his son. I wondered how they'd found a good look alike (doh;-0)

Laine said...

Fabulous project and card Jackie. Stunning embossed detail. Love the pictures. Looks like a fab day out.
Laine
xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
fab card and box.
Beautifully designed too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

annesyme said...

Brilliant card and box and thanks for the ST pics. Went to a ST exhibition years ago but there were no stars present.
Anne x

pam said...

hi Jackie, beautiful card and box you have created, love the colours and stamping, your poinsettia is gorgeous, only used mine once.
hugs pam

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card and box Jackie, I remember this from Sam's show..beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos...I always liked Start Trek NG, hugs Carole Z X

Maria said...

Hi Jackie. Love your card and box.Your stamping and mixing of colours is fab.
I'm no ST fan but I have seen Patrick Stewart in MK on one of theirs Megamania I think it's called ,lots of people from different films etc.
Maria x

Jackie T said...

This is the third time we have seen Patrick Stewart. First he was the special guest when we went to the Olympics and we saw him at Destination Star Trek 1 when all the captains were present. I would love to see him in a play. Hugs Jackie

Lizzies said...

Fantastic cards, looks like you had fun at Destination Star Trex 3

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, love the poinsettia. Glad you had a great time.

Andree said...

A wonderful card and box Jackie. I love how you created the background card and the finishing touches you added to your gorgeous projects x

Jackie said...

Stunning matching pair Jackie, love your background paper.
I used to love Star Trek back in the 60s, but I don't follow the spin off series nowadays :o)
Jackie xx

Dips said...

Gorgeous card and box, Jackie, I love all your beautiful stamped detail, just lovely.

Anonymous said...

Loved the box, but especially liked the Star Trek photos, I love star trek :D

Sylvia Anderson said...

Wow, Your project is amazing.....
My Son-in-law is a Trekkie, I try to buy him Star Trek things for Christmas etc xxx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie the box and card are beautiful, thank you for sharing them and the technique with us. What a great idea for making an inexpensive gift look really special. The Star Trek photos are fabulous , it looks like you had a wonderful day. Love Diane xxx

ElizabethR said...

Goregous makes I love the box. Elizabeth xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

Wow what a fabulous box and card Jackie loving it all.
Janet xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, I love the idea of matching card and box, great background xx
Sandie x

Jan said...

Fabulous Jackie xx Jan

MissyG said...

Fabulous set - love the background you created and the poinsettias
Linnda x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card...and matching box....Joolsx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, how fun at the Star Trek convention and I just love the box you made, esp the way the poinsettas turned out. Looks like you added just a touch of ink to the petals. Gorgeous