Followers

Thursday 2 October 2014

With Sympathy

Hi Bloggers

I hope you are having a good week, not long now and it will be the weekend. I wonder if you have any crafty plans?  This weekend we are going to Destination Star Trek at the Excel in London so I probably won't get much crafting done. It should be fun though we really enjoyed it when we went two years ago.

On to today's card, sympathy cards are never easy to make. This was for a family at church that have just lost their grandfather. They are a close family and this loss has hit them hard.


I wanted to keep the colour pallet simple and I didn't want to use black so I chose a beautiful teal colour card instead. I used a Sue Wilson A4  embossing folder on the background.


This shows the detail of the central Spellbinder die.


This shows the corner detail.


The I stamped the  insert with Clarity Stamps.

I will be posting this tomorrow I just want them to know that we are thinking of them at this time.

Enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend.

If I feel brave I might post some pictures from the Star Trek convention.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie




16 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card, they are not easy ones to do but I think you what you have done is very tasteful and in keeping with the situation xx

pam said...

Beautiful sympathy card Jackie, not easy to make, they will really appreciate this card..
hugs pam

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful sympathy card. Love the colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

very beautiful card . very well made

Brawny x said...

What a gorgeous card. Fab colour x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, those papers are gorgeous together. Lovely work

Andree said...

Always difficult to make but you've done a wonderful job with this elegant sympathy card. I love the colourway and embossing x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, and so tasteful for the sad occasion.
Enjoy your Star Trek weekend, I will hopefully be crafting on Sunday :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, love the colours you have used, so stubtle and effective x
Sandie x

Alison59 said...

A beautiful card. WOW the StarTrek convention - beam me up Scottie :-) Live long and prosper! Make it so. Engage. Resistance is futile. Can you guess I'm a fan? Looking forward to seeing your photos :-). Have fun

Anonymous said...

Hello, A beautiful Sympathy card, with beautiful colour choice. Enjoy your Star Trek weekend.

Teighan

Jackie T said...

Yes I can tell you are a fan. I have been one for many years. We are going to talks by Colm Meany, Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart. You will know which characters they play. I will post some pictures. Hugs Jackie

Laine said...

Beautiful colour palette and detail Jackie.
Laine
xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card....Joolsx

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour.

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie this is lovely and the colour is just right. As you say sympathy cards are so personal and hard to do but this just fits the bill. I hope the Star Trek weekend was fab. I must catch up with you soon. Hugs Diane xxxx