Followers

Friday 3 October 2014

Owls at Christmas

Hi Bloggers

I have just finished a Christmas card commission and I'm rather pleased with myself. The girl who comes to the house to give me  Sports Massages (I have trouble neck and shoulders) saw a card I had made featuring two owls and she asked me to make her six for Christmas.


This is the card she saw it was actually one of the pieces I 
submitted when I was accepted onto Sam Poole's Design team. She wanted six Christmas cards with hardly any changes. The original card was 8" x 8".


This is what I came up with I did make some changes to make it a bit more Christmassy and they are just a little bit smaller.  The background embossing  is from a Sue Wilson A4 embossing folder. 


Aren't the owls cute they are stamps from Sam Poole's woodland creatures series I coloured them with Promarkers.


The holly and branches were cut with some of the new release Sue Wilson Christmas dies. I made the berries with CS Pearl PVA glue.


Here they are together on the shelf, I am going to put the first one away so she can't compare. I hope she likes them if she doesn't I will have 6 cards I can use myself.

Enjoy the weekend. If you read my previous post you will know we are off to Destination Star Trek tomorrow. There is a group of about 8 of us going. It should be fun. I will post some pictures when we get back

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie



30 comments:

Brawny x said...

What fabulous cards. Love the owls. A great design x

Andree said...

Brilliant cards, I love the cute owls and how you've added the holly x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Those cards are super cute! Love the owls

Jackie said...

Gorgeous cards, I love owls, I used to have more than 300 of them (figurines and prints etc) :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

These owls festive cards are great, do like the dies you have used too

Unknown said...

so cute, I love how you've put the design together xx
Sandie x

Lizzies said...

Fabulous set of cards, just hopping by.

Alison59 said...

Both are fabulous :-)

Unknown said...

Stunning cards - love the owls!
Hugs,
Bev xx

Unknown said...

super little card Jackie and of course your customer will love them ... hope you have a great weekend and a great time at your "treckie do" ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

annesyme said...

Great cards Jackie, Live long and prosper!
Anne xx

pam said...

hi Jackie, fantastic cards, unusual for Christmas cards, but thats what the girl wanted..love your makes, those owls are gorgeous..
pam

KarinsArtScrap said...

these owls cards are fab and very beautiful Jackie.
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

Super Christmas cards, very original and so cute xx

Laine said...

These are so cute Jackie. Loads of fabulous design and detail.
Laine
xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous, I do so love the owls.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

hello Jackie, These are both gorgeous, Love the Owls and the tree branch dies are fabulous, like them done in gold. Hope you had a good time at the Star Trek convention.

Teighan

Sylvia Anderson said...

Hi Sweetie, Brilliant cards, I love how you adapted the original to Christmas cards x
(hugs)

Sylvia Anderson said...

I'm now following x

Jackie T said...

Thank you Sylvia you are very welcome.

Jan said...

Great card love those owls Jackie. Thanks for the visit and much appreciated comment xx Jan

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw they are SO cute... owls are always going to be a fave with me, love the two different designs... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant cards...love the cute owls....great designs...Joolsx

ElizabethR said...

That's gorgeous Jackie love the Owl's, Elizabeth xxx

Carole Z said...

HI Jackie, such cute cards, love the designs! Snap, I go for sports massages too (next one this week wh..hoo!) due to an old back injury..they are so good!
Hugs Carole Z X

Diane said...

What super cute card designs.

Hugs diane

Tracy Welham said...

Excellent, I love it. x

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie thanks for visiting my blog :) Love your card, really made me smile, super design....Now following Have a great day xxxx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie I just love this owl stamp and your cards are beautiful. I'm sure she will love them. The holly die is fab isn't it and so useful. Take care love Diane G xxxx

Maria said...

Hi Jackie,I love anything to do with owls and this card it's so lovely.Well done
Your cards are beautiful.
Maria x