Followers

Monday 20 October 2014

The Holly bears a Berry

Hi Bloggers

I hope you had a great weekend and that the new week is being kind to you. My husband and I are doing something a bit odd this evening. We are going to the cinema and we have no idea what we are going to see. It was an offer from the cinema and it is a preview the film will be on general release soon. When I do my next blog post I'll let you know what we got to see.

Today's card is one I made for our Vicar. She is a bit crafty herself, in fact she used to make cards but she no longer has time. So I think she will appreciate this card.


I had the tune of The holly and Ivy going through my head when I was making this card and tag. 


I used two different embossing folders. The holly was one of the Sue Wilson festive dies. I added the berries with CS Berry Red Pearl PVA. 


The cross is a Spellbinder's die that I cut twice once in black and once in gold. This creates a shadow when the gold is mounted on the black. I didn't add a sentiment as I thought the card was fine without one. If I remade this design I would make the central embossed mat a different colour probably a cream tone.


Of course I had to make  a matching tag. I wonder if she would like some chocolate.

Enjoy the rest of the week, 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie




21 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and tag, love the holly and cross.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card and tag Jackie
Gr Karin

pam said...

hi Jackie, lovely card & tag, very apt for the intended person.
hugs pam

Brawny x said...

Wow Jackie these are both amazing. I love the cross. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog x

Andree said...

A wonderful card and tag Jackie. I love how you created the wreath to frame the cross. The snowflake background is gorgeous x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and tag Jackie,your vicar will love them . Hugs Jennifer xx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful matching pair :o)
Jackie xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful card and tag.xxx

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous card and tag, love the wreath and the cross is such a nice one. Elizabeth xxx

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card and tag................I'm sure the chocolate would be most welcome! :-)

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card and tag Jackie x

Ewelina Nowak said...

wow beautiful :) i feel inspired :)

Alyx said...

So pretty and elegant.
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, love the embossing and esp those gorgeous papers. Can you tell I am a paper addict. I am always the one who is blown away with your paper choices! Cheers, Holley

Laine said...

Fabulous and feative Jackie. Love this stunning pair.
Laine
xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

These are brilliant..... I've started singing (White Christmas) Now.....
Happy Crafting xxx

Dawn said...

Chocolate! I bet she'd love it......Oh & your card of curse too!
Great work Jackie!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jan said...

Gorgeous card xx Jan

Carole Z said...

`Beautiful card and tag Jackie, hugs Carole Z X

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie beautiful card and tag ans what a pretty cross die. The holly spray is so useful isn't it. Love Diane xxx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card & tag - I'm ssure she will love it.
Hugs,
Bev xx