Followers

Friday 14 April 2017

Alphabet Challenge - Letter C - Cake

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? We are a bit closer to Easter with today being Good Friday. We are going to church later for a service.

The new challenge starts today on the Alphabet Challenge blog the letter is C and the theme is Cake.


This is an 8" x 8" card. I created the background by stamping a cupcake stamp with Perfect Medium and heat embossing with a white powder. Then I used Distress Ink to colour the background. I do like the resist technique. 


The tea-pot, cups and cupcake dies came from my Crafter's Companion Advent calendar. 



This is an actual recipe I got it from the internet. I copied it into Word and I edited the text to make it look the way I wanted. I printed onto white card in brown and I inked the edges with Distress ink. The Happy Birthday die came from the same Advent Calendar. 


I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

A lovely unusual cake cake. The attention to detail is fabulous especially the backing paper you have made.
Enjoy your Good Friday.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Janet Packer said...

I love this idea Jackie - great for sharing beloved family recipes. Of course, your card is wonderful too - as ever!

Alison59 said...

Great card Jackie and no calories :-)

Shabneez said...

Great idea for sharing a recipe Jackie. Wonderful card. Shabneez x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Jackie
Fijne Paasdagen / Happy Easter
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I love the design and yummy recipe. Have a wonderful Easter.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

What a fab idea with the recipe Jackie! Beautiful card and fits the brief perfectly x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie and so thoughtful to supply a recipe, Great idea. Hugs Jennifer xx

Laine said...

Great design and detail Jackie.
Laine
xx

Julie B said...

The recipe was a great idea and I love the background you created. :)

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a brilliant card and such a great design also.
Love the idea of the recipe such a great touch.
Wonderful die cuts used also.
Have a lovely Easter Weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Basslady said...

a very yummy recipe idea!

Hugs and Kisses from Germany
Silvi xoxo

pam said...

Brilliant card Jackie, great recipe and background.
Hugs Pam x

karenlotty said...

Lovely unusual card As someone has already mentioned a well loved family recipe would be a great idea to use

ALI said...

Lovely card, I just fancy a cupcake!

Andree said...

A super card Jackie and a great idea to make a feature of the recipe. The die-cuts are fabulous. Have a lovely Easter xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just yummy in browns. I love that color combo. Great job Jackie

Karenzkardz said...

Love the composition of this card. Fab x

Katie said...

Lovely card

Alizabethy said...

What a Yummy card!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie, so many great details and love the way you have used the recipe. Cathy x

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute! I love your colors.
Hugs,
Em xoxo

Lori Kobular said...

Love this Birthday card! The cupcakes look yummy and the teapot and tea cups at the bottom of the card are adorable!

Herbaholic said...

What a fab idea! I love the resist technique as well, where did you get the advent calender from if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for sharing this super idea :) Hugs - Debs xxx