Followers

Monday 17 April 2017

Thinking of You - Woodware Tatty Daisies

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How was your Easter? Did you eat lots of chocolate? We gave up chocolate for Lent so it was nice to have a bit yesterday. We are now waiting for our daughter and her fiance to arrive. The meal is in the slow cooker and it will be ready when they arrive. I love my slow cooker. I think we are going to work on the table plan today that is going to be hard.

When I was at Ally Pally I treated myself to some new Woodware stamps. I was looking at some of the samples Julia Watts had and I just couldn't resist.


This is an unusual card for me being a DL card. It will go through the post really nicely. I created the background with a mix of Pixie Powders, Brushos and Distress ink around the edges.  


This is the Tatty Daisies stamp by Woodware ( which is now under the banner of Creative Expressions). As it is such a long stamp I had to use it diagonally across my largest block. I stamped onto the background with Perfect Medium and I heat embossed with a black detail powder. Then I put some Pixie powders into a well on a tray and added water. Then with this mix I painted the daisies. Don't they look like they are smiling?


The sentiment came in the stamp set and was heat embossed in the same way as the daisies. 

We have also done a bit of work in the garden and a cheeky robin helped us. 


I do love robins, he kept swooping down to find worms and bugs that had been uncovered.


I was very pleased with how this card worked out. I want to do a bit more experimenting I have a few other ideas. 


Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Take care. 

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, lovely stamp and love the background you created. Enjoy the day and hope you manage to sort the table planner. Hugs ~Jennifer xx

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A gorgeous card I bought a woodware stamp too but haven't used it as yet. Xxx

Wendy L said...

You have made a great job of the daisy, looks fab Jackie, xxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

A very pretty card Jackie, I do love a DL card. Yes the daisies do look like they are smiling.
Enjoy your family day.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Alison59 said...

WOW Jackie, this is so pretty; the background is fabulous :-)

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

such a pretty card! i totally love it :)
hugs
preeti

Di said...

Gorgeous card Jackie - and such a fabulous stamp as well. Woodware do come up with some beauties don't they. Lovely background you made too.

Good luck with the seating plan - and you'll have earned a glass of wine to go with that scrummy dinner I suspect!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Fabulous background and a lovely stamp that you treated yourself too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jackie! Fabulous card shape for these fun daisies! Your colors are lovely. I especially like the background textures, and the way the daisies are highlighted with white as the colors dance around them! Beautiful creation! hugs, de

Sian said...

This is a really beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, I love the background.
Hugs
Linda xx

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, lovely background and image.
Pam x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just gorgeous Jackie. Love the background and the flowers

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just gorgeous Jackie. Love the background and the flowers

Carole J said...

A beautiful stamp Jackie - and your card is gorgeous! I love the background you created. x

ALI said...

Background and flowers are gorgeous.

Kathy said...

Jackie, this is really lovely. I love those flowers and the gorgeous colours you've chosen for them

Tracy Welham said...

Wonderful card Jackie, fabulous background. I hope the seating plan was easier than you thought. I love Robins too, they always make me smile. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Laine said...

Great stamp and detail Jackie. We have 4 robins visiting the garden at the moment. My husband puts out mealworms for them. They are so tame. I hope we get to see the babies again this year as they are so very cute!
Laine
xx

Andree said...

A pretty card Jackie. Lovely flower stamp and background xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Jackie, I just love the background. Cathy x

Lori Kobular said...

Love the gorgeous background that you created! Beautiful card!

Herbaholic said...

I adore the colours in this card Jackie, so bright and sunny, I bet they look glorious in real life! I got a couple of Woodware stamps, these are christmas ones though, think I'll be looking at getting some florals :) Hope the table planning went well :) Love & hugs - Debs x

Shabneez said...

Love the stamp and the bright colours you've used for your card Jackie. Shabneez x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love the background and the flowers do look like they are smiling! Cathy x

Jan said...

Lovely card Jackie xx Jan

inkedx2 said...

Love these daisies and the colors you used for them. Glad you played along with us at MMM.

Robbie

Cazro said...

It's fun to experiment, it worked well. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz DT.