Followers

Monday 14 January 2019

Adventures in using up Patterned Paper Snippets

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? Our plans changed completely when my husband came home ill on Friday afternoon. He has had a cough for a while and it just seemed to take a turn for the worse. So a weekend of rest was the order of the day. He still isn't right. I am not sure when he will go back to work.

After making my snippets Christmas cards I was having a think about making birthday cards this way. Not only do I have lots of snippets of Christmas papers but lots of other patterned paper snippets too.  Here is what I came up with.


I saw a card on Facebook which showed the lines of the card offset. I only got an impression of the card I have no idea whose card it was. After I had made all the mats and layers I cut a piece of card to cover with strips.  I did offset the strips they are an inch wide and cut on my guillotine. When I had covered the card and cut the strips around the edge I used some Distress ink on the edges. 


I wanted an intricate die to make a focal point on the card. I chose to use the Sophia die set from Creative Expression. The sentiment in the middle came from a Hunkydory kit that came free with a magazine.  


Once you have made a card do you get ideas on how you could improve the design. This was the case here. I had some time to craft on Saturday I will share with you what I made soon. 

Have a great week. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

karenlotty said...

Great card for using up snippets of paper I am useless at using a guilotine or trimmer I never seem to end up with strips the same width across at the top and bottom
I will try using my ScanNCut!

jane stillman said...

A beautiful card using your left over papers. Hope hubby get's better soon

Janette said...

I think it looks like a quilt pattern I saw Jackie, very pretty and as you say, a great way to use up those off cuts...will keep it in mind for sure....enjoy your day.xx

Gwyneth said...

A lovely way to use up leftover bits of patterned paper. Your card looks gorgeous.
GG

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful xoxo

Lori Kobular said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! What a great way to use up scraps of paper! I may just have to "copy" this card! I love it!!

Linda Simpson said...

What a wonderful idea and loving the gorgeous design. I hope hubby gets well soon.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kathy said...

Lovely, Jackie. The centrepiece is so pretty

Wendy L said...

Love this card Jackie, a great way of using papers, xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very beautiful Jackie

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Great way to use those snippets of pattern paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful and great design Jackie
Gr Karin

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful design!! Your papers compliment each other so well. That focal image is gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

ALI said...

Wow fabulous! x

Alison59 said...

Great card Jackie :-)
Hope hubby is well soon.

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant card Jackie. Sorry to hear about yiour husband. Perhaps I might see you at Newbury on Saturday. Take care.

Stamping Bubbles said...

Hi Jackie, I love this card - the colours, the die cut and the fact that it uses up all those lovely scraps.
Hope your husband gets better soon
Crafty hugs
Lesley

pam said...

Wow gorgeous card Jackie, love the pretty papers and wonderful colours.
Hugs Pam x

Janice said...

Love your design Jackie, so pretty and a great way to use up snippets of card.
Janice x

Shabneez said...

Such a pretty card Jackie. Shabneez x

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Lovely card design! The pink layers are so pretty!!!
Thank you for joining the Crafter’s Castle’s January Challenge! –Tasha ☺

Carole J said...

Gorgeous design, Jackie, and such pretty snippets!

flossbite said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck! Hope your hubby gets well soon.