Followers

Friday 25 January 2019

Deer on a Snowy Night

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are all well. This has been a very busy week for me. Invigilating takes quite a bit of time. Then there is my weekly visit to Winchester. Today I am doing two sessions of invigilating then I am heading into Southampton to meet my husband. Then we will meet up with our daughter and son-in-law to have a meal. After that we are all going to the theatre to see American Idiot. I hope it will be a good show.

Last week when I had a bit of time, I had a bit of a tidy of my crafty stash and I found a lovely piece of paper that would make a wonderful snowy background for a Christmas card.


The backing paper came from an old edition of Making Cards Magazine. I did find that I had another sheet of the paper so I may well recreate this card to add to my stash. I extended the Branched Birch die from Sizzix. Once the trees were cut I inked them with Distress Inks. Behind the trees I added a silver circle to create the moon. 


I cut the deer from the Winter Wonderland die set from Sizzix out of craft card and inked them with Distress ink. I removed the antlers from one of the adult deer to make a female. 


This is a die from Creative Expressions. I cut it in gold and another in brown to make a shadow, I do find that adding a shadow helps the sentiment to show up against a busy background. 


I think I have made over 30 Christmas cards so far this year. All of them are flat and will small enough to go on ordinary postage. I don't want to get caught out like I did last year. 


I would like to enter the following challenges:

I would have like to enter this card into the Rudolph Days Challenge but there isn't one this month. The lovely Maureen who hosts the challenge is having some surgery and needs time to recover. 

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

34 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous paper used for the background, a wonderful Christmas card. Clever idea to alter the deer to make a family.

Sylv xx

Kath said...

A fabulous Christmas scene - I love the deer family.
Kath x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great Wintery scene

jane stillman said...

A gorgeous scenic card. Enjoy your family time xx

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, Oh this is just so lovely, I think it amazing what we find when having a sort through things, you made a beautiful card and I love the moon, nice touch....enjoy your day.xx

Emma said...

Lovely card Jackie, the deer are really cute. Hugs Em x

Carole Pollard said...

Finally back to comment sorry not been around my hubby is not well at present so lots of hospital visits that take a lot of my time. Your card is fabulous what find that paper is perfect with this gorgeous design Enjoy your evening Love and hugs Carole x

Sue Carpenter said...

Love the attention to details - removing the antlers. It is the making of excellent work.

Laine said...

These die cuts make a fabulous festive scene Jackie. Such a lovely background.
Laine
x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jackie. Beautiful scenery and layout xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful layouts and great die cuts. Lovely today Jackie

Monica C. said...

This card is so pretty Jackie! I love all the detail on it.
Hugs
Monica

Wendy L said...

Lovely card Jackie, I do love blue and brown together.
Enjoy your evening . Xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Jackie, have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. I love it when inspiration strikes from looking through your stash. I need to spend more time with my stash rather than on the internet buying more!
Have a good weedend
Lesley

Tracy Welham said...

This is gorgeous Jackie. What a great find in your stash. Creative Blessings Tracy x

Gwyneth said...

This looks wonderful with you Jackie. It all works so well together.
GG

Littlelamb said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Wow you are well ahead with this years Christmas cards. I haven’t started yet as a lot of birthdays in January but have just made the last one. I have a lot of bits left over from my Christmas cards so am going to make some cards ready. Have a good weekend.

cass said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional "Feature a Creature" Challenge.

pinkclover.cards said...

A beautiful scenic card Jackie.
Fatima x

Monika said...

Great card Jackie!!!

Katie said...

Beautiful card

Tindaloo said...

Such a gorgeous winter card! Love those cute little deer ♥

Tindaloo
PS: If u want to join in, I have a fab blogcandy going on this month! :)

NickScrapShack said...

WOW! This is so beautiful. What a great wintery scene you have created!
Enjoy your weekend! Nick

ALI said...

Great card, I do like the tree die x

karenlotty said...

A lovely card I have this tree die I think I must get the deer ones now!

BrendaB said...

You created such a lovely Winter scene! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Unknown said...

Fabulous Christmas card Jackie. I love the deer and you have created a lovely winter scene. Cathy x

Tiphanie B. said...

stunning card ! I love this winter scene and the background. Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenge.

Jan said...

What a lovely card xx Jan

pam said...

Fabulous card Jackie, love the design.
Hugs Pam x

Janice said...

Love this wintry scene Jackie.
Janice x

Deb said...

STunning card, love this!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Tip Top said...

Such a sweet card and thanks for the inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in over at Crimbo Crackers - hope to see you again!