Followers

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Snippets Christmas card with recycled Robins

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I have had a very busy two weeks but the invigilating has finished for the time being. I still don't have a lot of time to craft. I hope things will calm down soon.

I have so loved making the Christmas cards with the Snippets backgrounds. I was given lots of Christmas cards to recycle at the weekend. When I sorted them out I found a cute robin image that I wanted to use.


I made the background by cutting strips of patterned paper and gluing them to a piece of card the right size for the mat. I kept the colours a bit more muted to suit the image.  


I used the Sophia die set from Creative Expressions to cut the white lacy doily and one of their Double Pierced circle dies to cut out the image from the old card. I inked the edges of the circle and added a small bow. 


I just love making these cards. If I have a bit of time at the end of a craft session I am trying to make another Christmas card. I am determined that I am going to have enough Christmas cards this year.  So far  I have made 32 Christmas cards. 

I would like to enter the following Challenges:


Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

Stunning card Jackie.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Jackie

gr karin

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely background, cute image

Gwyneth said...

This card is gorgeous Jackie. The image is lovely and the background great.
GG

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie. I love the way you have created the background. Cathy x

pam said...

Wonderful card Jackie, love the fabulous design.
Hugs Pam x

ALI said...

Great card, love the design and the recycled Robins.

Lori Kobular said...

Love the quilt like background made from paper snips! Great way to use up some scraps! Your card is very lovely!

Shabneez said...

A beautiful card Jackie! Shabneez x

Littlelamb said...

Gorgeous card Jackie and love the robins. Hope you get time to try the Orchid die soon. You will love it. I had a few Christmas card left at the local library so that’s a few ready for this year.

Liz said...

Super Christmas card, Jackie. The image is beautiful and I love your snippets background. xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely image today Jackie

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, well you are really inspiring me with these gorgeous cards of yours, I never usually want to make Christmas cards in January, or February...haha, but your making me want to, well done...Have a lovely day, stay warm its freezing today..xx

jane stillman said...

A fabulous card, love the design

Di said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card Jackie! The background is marvellous (great use of snippets of course) and works perfectly with the image. I love this card!!

Hugs

Di xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie. I love the colors you've used xoxo

Linda Simpson said...

Love the background you have created with this festive card, beautiful topper too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Monica C. said...

Your card is so beautiful Jackie! You have been very diligent on your Christmas card making. I am lagging far behind.
Hugs
Monica

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love that wee robin x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie and a great way of using snips of paper. Xx

Jan said...

Love this Jackie those little Robins are so cute xx Jan

Janice said...

Great way to use up snippets and recycle cards Jackie, a lovely card.
Janice x

Jessica K said...

Such a pretty card! Love the birdhouse. Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land this month! Good luck!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.ca