Followers

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Cute Penguin Christmas card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you are all well. My husband has had a nasty cough and on Monday he went to the doctors and was given antibiotics. It was recommended that he go to the walk in X-ray department at our local hospital for a chest X-ray. That is what we did yesterday. Today he is working from home. The cough at last seems to be responding to the antibiotics.

It is hard to craft when there is someone poorly in the house. Yesterday I actually  felt like making a simple card. In my stash I had spotted a sheet of foil edged  strips of patterned papers and I wanted to try the snippets technique with them,.


This is what I made. The sheet was an old Kanban one. I found a silver glitter die cut square in my scraps pile. That made one of the mats and I cut a dark blue outer mat. I then cut a piece of card to fit inside the piercing on the silver mat. This was then covered with strips of paper from the sheet. 


I looked back through my stash and found a sheet of cute images this is also an old Kanban sheet. If you look carefully the pattern round the image matches the pattern on some of the strips. The sentiment I used I found in my stash. 


I entered a giveaway competition on Facebook I think back before Christmas. I was the chosen winner and my prize arrived yesterday. There are 23 stamps all designed by Sharon Callis for Personal Impressions. The stamps are all Christmas themed and they are lovely. I am looking forward to using them. 


I did make three other cards with the strips once I had got going it was fun to do. I am hoping to get a bit of crafting done this afternoon. I do need to stay out of the way while my hubby is working. 

Enjoy the rest of the week 

I would like to enter the following Challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

jane stillman said...

lovely papers and gorgeous image xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Jackie and congrats with your gorgeous prize.

Gr Karin

Monica C. said...

That is just the sweetest card. And congrats of your win, talk about Happy Mail. Hope your hubby will be doing better soon.
Hugs
Monica

ALI said...

Great card Jackie,love the background and image x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

This penguin is so cute lovely layout for this card

Wendy L said...

Well done on the win. Gorgeous card and I love the way of using scraps too. Xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Jackie, love the cute penguin. Congratulations on your win and enjoy!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Darling card, Jackie. It doesn’t look like leftovers were used, instead it looks like a gorgeously crafted card that required a lot of planning! Congratulations on your recent stamp win. Those stamps look amazing - how fun to receive such a nice prize! Hoping your hubby feels better each day. Hugs, de

Littlelamb said...

Gorgeous Card Jackie and congratulations on your win. Enjoy! Hope your husband is better soon.

Janette said...

Oh my Jackie what a week your having, but congrats on the FB win, amazing haul...Love your cute card, the image is adorable....
Hope your husband is soon on the mend, a constant cough is one of the worse things isn't it...xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hello from your newest follower. This is a great card, love the colours. What a fab haul you won. Hubby and I are both suffering at the mo, the cough is so awful. Hope your hubby is better soon

creationsnz said...

Congratulations on you win Jackie. Your made background with snippets is great and sets off you topper penguin nicely. So glad you joined us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, hope you come again, CarolG

Janice said...

Such a cute penguin topper Jackie, love the foiled strips too. Congratulations on your lovely prize, you’ll certainly be busy!
Janice x

flossbite said...

Cute card. Congrats on your fabulous win! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good Luck!

Mrs A. said...

Gosh what a lovely prize to have won so many stamps. Have fun using them. They look a nice selection. Love your snippet card using up the Kanban sheets. Hope you don't catch your hubby's cough and that he is feeling better now. Hugs Mrs A.

Shabneez said...

What a cute card Jackie but that win is amazing! Look forward to seeing what you make with it all! Shabneez x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MLCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Carole J said...

A super cute card! Love the strips made into a background! Congratulations on winning all those lovely stamps -these will keep you busy! xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Adorable xoxo