Followers

Thursday 18 February 2016

Birthday Blooms Birthday Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

We are back and we had a wonderful time. We saw the Northern Lights one icy cold night and very excitingly my daughter's boyfriend proposed and she accepted so they are now engaged. We didn't see any whales though we did try on a 6 hour boat ride in rough seas. One day we did the Golden Circle Tour and we saw a thermally heated greenhouse where they grow tomatoes all year round, the big Geyser and the Gullfoss waterfall. On the last day we lazed in the thermal waters at the Blue Lagoon. My daughter's fiancé is very good at taking photos and I will try to get some of his to show you.

Today is the birthday of my special work friend and I think it will be safe to share her card now as she should have seen it earlier.  This is the friend that took me to the charity craft day I attended a couple of  weeks ago so I wanted to use the stamp set we got there to make her card.


The frame was made I used the Ornate Pierced  Rectangles, from the Noble collection by Sue Wilson, to make the frame. 


This is the largest stamp from the Stampin Up Birthday Blooms stamp set. It was stamped in black and heat embossed with a sparkly black embossing powder. The image was then coloured coloured with Promarkers. 


The sentiment comes in the set too. 


I am sure my friend will love this card. I hope that she has a very happy birthday. 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

28 comments:

ALI said...

Beautiful, lovely colouring on the rose.

junemac2 said...

I can imagibe the northern lights were amazing. Your card is so beautiful i am sure it will be loved.

karenlotty said...

I'm sure she loved it. I know I would. It is a lovely floral design without being too... I dunno bouquet-y, flouncy...? I love your use of the Noble pierced rectangles = I'd sort of dismissed these as I've got the squares. Seeing the Northern Lights is on my bucket list and congratulations to your daughter too

Angela said...

This is pretty the flowers look fabulous

pam said...

Hi Jackie, sounds like you had a wonderful time, congrats to your Daughter on her engagement..
Beautiful card for your friend.
Pam x

Donna Ellis said...

Jackie, your card is stunning! Lovely black contrast! The SW dies have such pretty shapes and wonderful filigree details! Your design is truly gorgeous! Hugs, de

Anonymous said...

really pretty card, do like your colouring in

Brawny x said...

Love this card Jackie. Just fab. Glad you had a great time x

Alison59 said...

Such a beautiful card :-)
Glad you saw the "Lights". My brother was in Iceland this week to - maybe you bumped into him lol ;-)

Alison59 said...

Oops *too*

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty this is a fabulous design gorgeous colours love and hugs Carole x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and such a beautiful flower.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Welcome back Jackie. Beautiful card, the colour is fabulous. Cathy x

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful and gorgeous card! I love the Sue Wilson frame die and that flower stamps is so pretty! Love the color that you colored it too!

Alizabethy said...

sounds like a trip of a lifetime to Iceland!

Amber at Sequin Stitches said...

Oh so jealous I would love to see thr northern lights!!! Beautiful card, love the framing x

Andree said...

A fabulous card Jackie. Lovely stamp and frame.
It sounds like you had a wonderful break. Congratulations on your daughter's engagement xx

Tina said...

Beautiful card. I love the design and the colours.Fab image.xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

love your coloring here and the die cut!

Wendy said...

Beautiful design! Lovely blossom and the die-cut frame is perfect. Xx

Kate M said...

Love your colouring of this stamp - it's fantastic and a great design, love it!!
xx

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous card, Jackie....love the stamp, it goes so well with the black & lilac colour scheme. Xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and image, love the colours you have used and the die cuts.

Hugs Jen xx

Angela Dodson said...

beautiful card, great stamp image and coloured perfectly :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, love the contrast colours and stamp used.

Sylv xx

Dawn said...

A Gorgeous card Jakcie! great image & I love the colours!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jan said...

This is stunning xx Jan

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Gorgeous card, I saw it in real life and it really is fabulous.
Love Diane xxx