Followers

Monday 29 February 2016

Happy Birthday flowers

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope that you had a good weekend. We had a whirlwind of a day on Saturday. The concert by Rick Wakeman was very enjoyable he talked about a few concerts we had been to in the past. Including an amazing orchestral version of the Six Wives of Henry VIII set in the grounds of Hampton Court Palace. On Sunday we both worked on more of the wedding stationery that is needed for the end of March. Some things can't be done till right at the last minute. Our daughter and her fiancé are just beginning to thrash out their plans for their wedding.

I treated myself to the March issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine and the free gift was a Hunkydory paper kit. I used the kit to make a birthday card for my mum.


This is an 8" x 8" card made with papers and toppers from the kit. I added mats and layers,  some butterflies, pearls and a ribbon. The papers and toppers are so pretty. 


I added mats to the topper too and I cut the corners to match. 


I added some butterflies cut with Sue Wilson die. They matched the silver butterflies on the topper. 


Here is is the finished card. The orange glow is from the setting sun when I was taking the photograph. 

Have a great week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

20 comments:

Alizabethy said...

love what you have done with those hunkydory papers!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's so bery beautiful Jackie
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

This is so very pretty Jackie. I love the elements you've added to the card, they've made it so special. Cathy x

karenlotty said...

So so pretty! You've turned the papers into something amazing

Alison59 said...

Oh what a pretty card :-)

Glad you enjoyed your outing x

Alison59 said...

Oh what a pretty card :-)

Glad you enjoyed your outing x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card and great for a freebie. Hugs xx

Kate M said...

What a beautiful card - love how you matched up the butterflies - your mom will love this!! xx

Janet Packer said...

Another lovley card Jackie X

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful card Jackie, love the butterflies and I am sure your mum will love this.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

Lovely card and image.

Laine said...

Such a beauty Jackie. Wonderful colour palette and detail.
Laine
xx

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Jackie, love the colour and I bet your mum will love it. Hugs Jennifer xx

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the colours and papers.
Hugs Pam x

Dawn said...

Another beauty Jackie! I love the images!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the butterflies! It has a real vintage look to it! The paper is beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Your cards using the kit are absolutely beautiful! Your mum will be thrilled! (I would be!) will you be making wedding invitations and decorations? Hope you enjoy a wonderful week! Hugs, de

Gwyneth said...

Your choice of layout with the items from the kit is lovely. A card anybody would be pleased to receive.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous papers and die cuts today Jackie

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
A really pretty card, what a useful topper set. It's nice to see the sun isn't it xxx