Followers

Monday 22 February 2016

A Little Bird for Mother's Day

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How has your week started? I must admit that it was hard getting up this morning for work but it was okay when I got there. Lots of people were interested in our holiday and the news of our daughter's engagement.

Well life seems to have been a bit of a whirlwind at the moment. I looked at the calendar to check when Mother's Day falls  (Sunday 6th March)   I was rather shocked how close it is. Also we had a hotel booked when my husband had his accident and it seems we  have rearranged it to the weekend of Mother's Day. We are not going to be popular.


I have made this card for my mum she is not a girlie  type of person so I thought she would like this image of a cute bird with its nest. The image came from an older issue of Making Cards Magazine. 


This sentiment I found in my stash. I will write something a bit more gushing on the inside. 


I cut the image out with one of  Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and I inked through the die before I removed the image. I think the gingham paper was from the same issue of Making Cards Magazine. The other papers were in my stash in fact amongst my snippets. 


This card is quite flat it is going to have to go through the post. We will have to see our mums on a different day. When we changed the hotel we had no idea that Mother's Day falls that weekend.  We can't change is again it was hard last time.

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

23 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Jackie

gr karin

junemac2 said...

So cute Jackie i love this card.

Brawny x said...

Great card Jackie x

Unknown said...

Lovely card Jackie. Fabulous image and papers. Cathy x

Laine said...

Such a pretty card Jackie. I love it!
Laine
xx

pam said...

Beautiful card design Jackie, lovely image.
hugs pam x

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card Jackie! I love that image of the bird with the flower pots!

Janet Packer said...

Beautiful card, as always Jackie x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie....I always find it hard when people dont like cute cards....but you done a great job here for your Mum...Lovely image...Joolsx

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty this is a beautiful design I love the gorgeous colours fab love and hugs Carole x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card for your mum and lovely image x

Alison59 said...

Oh how delightful :-)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card, love the gingham paper and beautiful image.

Sylv xx

Kate M said...

That image is fabulous, and I love how you have co-ordinated the colours, so crisp and fresh. Your Mom will love this!! Great card.

Dawn said...

Beautiful card Jackie! I love the image & the pretty gingham papers work perfectly with it! I also have die envy! lol
Hugs
Dawn xx

ALI said...

Beautiful card, I love the image and colours.

Jan said...

This is great xx Jan

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jackie and a fabulous image. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Mother's Day weekend away xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, with a beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful image and a gorgeous design. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That image is just precious Jackie. Lovely work

Kathy said...

What a pretty card. The image is just adorable

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
A really lovely card, perfect for your mum. Go and enjoy the weekend away, you both deserve it after the time you've had leading up to Christmas.
Love Diane xxx