Followers

Thursday 11 February 2016

Happy Birthday with Red Roses

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? We have had some very cold weather which is not good for all the spring flowers that are starting to bloom. It is good practice for me though as these are the types of temperatures that we will be getting in Iceland.

I made a quick birthday card after work yesterday.


This is a 7" x 7" card. I cut all the mats and layers and found a backing paper in my stash that matched the colours of the mats. I found a doily in my stash and I cut a circle of red and then one of the backing paper for the centre.  I knew I wanted to make red roses. 


I used the Tattered Lace Delicate Rose die to make the roses. I did remove some of the leave so that they weren't too bulky. I made a card a bit like this one as a sample but I sent it in without taking any photos. I have done that a couple of times now. 


Our council has planted daffodils all around our town and they are just starting to come out. These are the ones that I see on my walk home from work. They do look lovely in the sunshine. 


Enjoy the rest of the week. I will be back on Saturday with one more post before we go away. 

Take care. 

Happy Crafting. 

Hugs Jackie

20 comments:

Fran said...

Lovely card, love the image and colour xxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie...love the rose die...Joolsx

Unknown said...

Beautifully decorated card Jackie, the roses look stunning. Hugs Jennifer xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous. The roses are so pretty
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

Beautiful card and lovely colours, the roses are beautiful!
xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the roses.

Donna x

Gwyneth said...

Wonderful card. The roses look great.

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, the roses are lovely.

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
What a beautiful card, the roses are wonderful against that background. What fabulous daffodils, they make me smile when I see them in great patches like this.
Take care
Love Diane xxxx

Laine said...

Great card and die cut detail Jackie. We have lovely pots of mini daffodils in the garden. Such a joy!
Laine
xx

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous, love the roses from the mirri. The daffs look beautiful too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card, those daffs look gorgeous, I do like daffs :)

Hugs Jen xx

pam said...

Fabulous rose card Jackie, lovely daffs, roll on spring..
Hugs Pam x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Wow this is fab Jackie, loving it!! Loving the daffodils too!!
Hugs Donna xxx
Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

Brawny x said...

A gorgeous card Jackie x

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! I love that rose die! Your roses all look so pretty! Love that picture of the daffodils! They are one of my favorite Spring Time flowers, they always look so happy and they make me smile! I can't wait until they start blooming where I live!

Alison59 said...

Stunning card Jackie - the roses are amazing :-)
Love the photo too

Alison59 said...

Stunning card Jackie - the roses are amazing :-)
Love the photo too

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such gorgeous die cuts Jackie. Love this card.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Jackie & a beautiful display of Daffs!
I have some tiny little ones that hubby rescued from the garden today!
Poor things would have been frozen!
Hugs
Dawn xx