Followers

Saturday 20 February 2016

Tattered Lace - Loop Set Border Embossing Folders

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How has your week been? We have had an exciting holiday and an engagement. We are now trying to get back to normal and catch up with lots of things. I am so glad that I have a few days before I need to go back to work.

Just before I went on holiday I was sent the Loop Set of four Border Embossing Folders and a cutting edge die by Tattered Lace. I made four samples for them as I didn't have much time.


I cut the embossing strips into squares the image that is left reminds me of the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth. I used white core card that I sanded back and then inked I think I even added gilding wax which I have just fallen in love with. 


For this card I used the edge die and one of the embossing folders to make a petticoat effect. 


I simply used embossed strips for this card and I added a big flower. 


The left over bits I used to make this tag. 

I said I would share some of my Iceland pictures the scenery was stunning and all covered in snow. 


This was the view across the water in Reykjavik. 


This is the Geysir that shoots steam into the air every 5 - 8 minutes.  


This is the Gullfoss waterfall partially frozen. We are planning a trip back one summer as the countryside would look so different then and we would have a better chance of seeing the whales which we didn't see this time. 


I have no idea if these samples were shown on television as we were away. They did appear briefly in the Tattered Lace gallery online. 

Enjoy your weekend. I need to make an engagement card I know just what to do. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

33 comments:

Alison59 said...

Hi Jackie, I saw these folders on C&C. You've made some fabby cards :-)
Love your photos x

ALI said...

Great samples.
Your trip to Iceland sounded wonderful

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous samples. Thanks for sharing photographs of Iceland it sounds like you had a lovely time.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Wow these are great samples and those photos of Iceland are juts amazing. Hugs xx

MelOliver said...

I love your designs they are wonderful. thanks for sharing Jackie

Unknown said...

hi Jackie ... love all your cards ... and your lovely holiday photos ... congrats to your daughter and fiancé ... what lovely memories you all have to share ... and cant wait to see the engagement card ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Brawny x said...

Cards are fab Jackie. Pics are great x

Shabneez said...

Congrats on your son's engagement Jackie! Beautiful holiday pics - glad you had a good break. Pretty cards. Shabneez xxx

Wendy said...

Lovely cards and wonderful holiday pics! Xx

Unknown said...

Great samples Jackie and fabulous pictures. Hugs Jennifer xx

Laine said...

Such great cards Jackie and stunning pictures. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!
Laine
xx

Lori Kobular said...

Your cards look awesome! Really love your pictures from your vacation!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the card ;)

I really like these samples!

Jackie T said...

Cheeky you will have to wait and see. Hugs xxx

pam said...

Lovely sample cards for TL Jackie, great photos of your trip.
Hugs Pam x

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Love your TL samples as you have shown the embossing folders to their best and they all look totally different.

❤️ & hugs
Lisa xxxx

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful samples some amazing designs the dies are gorgeous so pleased you had a fabulous holiday some amazing photos and anengagement must have been very special love and hugs Carole x

karenlotty said...

Wow! On all counts Look forward to seeing THE card

Andree said...

Brilliant samples Jackie. The embossing folders look lovely. Your photos from Iceland look amazing, glad you had an exciting trip xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous Tattered Lace samples Jackie!

Unknown said...

Fabulous samples Jackie, really showing the versatility of the die and folders. Your photos are stunning, what an amazing place. Cathy xx

Anonymous said...

lovely cards and such nice photos of your hols

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card samples Jackie....Looks like you all had a great time in Iceland....(the place not the shop!!....lol...)Joolsx

KarinsArtScrap said...

lovely and beautiful cards Jackie
Gr Karin

Tina said...

Fab cards and lovely photos of your holiday, looks like you had a great time.xx

Angela said...

Gorgeous cards and beautiful photo's

Donna Mosley said...

Great cards Jackie and the holiday pics look fab.

Donna x

Kate M said...

Super samples you've made Jackie and thanks for sharing your photos!
The scenery was absolutely stunning - I'm warming to Iceland!
xx

Donna Ellis said...

Great vacation photos! Your cards using paper pieces are incredible! Beautiful! Hugs, de

Anonymous said...

Fabulous samples and love the embossing folders. Pictures of your holiday look great.

Hugs Jen xx

Dawn said...

Great little sample Jackie! I was stalking your trip on FB & it looks like fun was had by all!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Dawn said...

Sorry Jackie, I meant "samples" plural! lol
Hugs
Dawn xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Wow what lovely cards and all done with limited supplies, you have done well.
The photos are amazing - yes it would be good to go back when it's warmer to see the changes - it will always be a special place for the family now !
Love Diane xxxx