Followers

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Unicorn Challenge Blog - Lots of Love

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are having a good week so far. Yesterday I saw a friend who I haven't seen for a while,  I finished some invitations I have been making and I finished a commission that I will be sharing with you on Friday. I hope today is as productive.

Today sees the start of a new challenge on the Unicorn Challenge Blog and the theme is Lots of Love just in time for all those Valentine's makes.


I recently purchased the Sue Wilson double pierced squares set A and I used them to make the layers on this card. I just love that you can have all your mats pierced I would never have done this with a piercing ruler. I also used the Heart Lattice Embossing folder to emboss some of the layers. I highlighted the detail with some distress ink. 


This heart die is amazing it is the Heart of Hearts die set. When you cut it the leftovers are gorgeous little embossed hearts. It also has an outer die so that you can cut a perfect mat for the heart. No more drawing round the outside of the die for me. 


The sentiment was cut with some dies that were in a bundle that I won from Hochanda. 


There you have it my finished Valentine's Day card this one might be for my husband. Last year when I posted a Valentine's Day card someone asked if they could buy it so I let them. I made another for my husband but it wasn't as good as my first. 


Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

38 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Absolutely stunning Valentine! I love the Sue Wilson double pierced squares die! The heart of hearts is perfect for Valentines and you just have to give this beauty to your husband!

Unknown said...

A stunning card Jackie. I love all the layers with that beautiful red and that heart die is fabulous. Cathy x

Laine said...

Such a fabulous die, papers and detail Jackie.
Laine
xx

Alison59 said...

I love this card, the heart is beautiful and the reds are perfect :-)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie! xxx

Nikki said...

Such a pretty card. I've not got any of those dies so I'll keep an eye out. Xxx

Nikki said...

Such a pretty card. I've not got any of those dies so I'll keep an eye out. Xxx

JayBe said...

Your card is just gorgeous, Jackie - and I am sooo jealous of your 'pierced squares' (they are currently on my wish list!) Lol xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So beautiful, loving all the red and the shimmer on it. gorgeous die cuts

Unknown said...

A stunning Valentine card Jackie, I love the heart and the squares die set look amazing. love the embossing. Hugs Jennifer xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card Jackie....great embossing and dies....Joolsx

Stampsnob. said...

Love the frames over the print Lovely Lis

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, love all the lovely layering.

Gwyneth said...

An absolutely stunning card.

pam said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, lobe the die cuts and layers.
Hugs pam x

Lisa J said...

This is stunning Jackie. So red and shiny. Really Beautiful. Lisa x

Dawn said...

A erfect Valentine card! Love all the detail!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sylvia said...

Stunning card, love the layers and beautiful die cut heart.

Sylv xx

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card I have promised myself that the next set of dies I buy will be the Sue Wilson Pierced Squares - funds permitting! I think I need to get the Heart die too You must save this one and give to your husband!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Jackie, I do like the lacy heart
kevin xx

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeous details and wonderful combination of lovely die cuts. The piercing in the red panels looks really great against the ivory colored papers. Beautiful card, Jackie! Hugs, de

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jackie. I love all the layers and the die-cut heart is just gorgeous xx

Sandra Carey said...

Wow Jackie love your card hugs Sandra x

Sandra Carey said...

Wow Jackie love your card hugs Sandra x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

This is FABULOUS ... Love it!!
Hugs Donna xx
Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and love the beautiful papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Love it x

Kathy said...

This is lush, Jackie, the dies and the layers look fab

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, A beautiful card, love the die cuts and the embossing folder.

Jade

Tracy Welham said...

Very elegant and pretty. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Wendy said...

Very sophisticated! Love the layering and the mirror card behind the heart, fab! Xx

Jan said...

This is fab xx Jan

Bee and Dee said...

A lovely card, really romantic thank you for joining us on the TioT challenge hugs Bee.

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous card, love all the layers.
Thanks for sharing at TioT
Avril x

Karen C said...

This is gorgeous! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
What a gorgeous card, definitely one to keep! The heart of hears die us beautiful.
Love Diane xxxx

Nancy B said...

Such an elegant and pretty Valentine!

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love so elegant.

hugs
Tammi
Unicorn DT sister